X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charcoal sewer main?

I lve in an older RV resort.A tenant said our maint. guy said his "blocked" sewer main was "collapsed" and of charcoal construction? I've been a Plumbers' Apprentice in Indiana for 5 years,Building Maintenace Engineer(10 years)Apartments,etc.,maintenance15 years.NEVER heard of "Charcoal"pipe or derivatives!Our Park was built appx. 1938.I've searched web and saw a few sites mentioning Cast Iron sewer lines with coal tar? Was that what this "guy" was referring to? Thanks Da' Muff'n Monster

Re: charcoal sewer main?

Originally posted by muff'n monster View Post
    I lve in an older RV resort.A tenant said our maint. guy said his "blocked" sewer main was "collapsed" and of charcoal construction? I've been a Plumbers' Apprentice in Indiana for 5 years,Building Maintenace Engineer(10 years)Apartments,etc.,maintenance15 years.NEVER heard of "Charcoal"pipe or derivatives!Our Park was built appx. 1938.I've searched web and saw a few sites mentioning Cast Iron sewer lines with coal tar? Was that what this "guy" was referring to? Thanks Da' Muff'n Monster
    I'm guessing he is talking about Orangeburg pipe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orangeburg_pipe

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Re: charcoal sewer main?

Mark is right on. Orangeburg pipe is made up of wood fiber and petroleum based pitch like substance that is usually black and if the pipe is crushed it could look like charcoal.

I post then I see Mark was one step ahead of me with the wikipedia link....

Comment

Working...
      X