X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: dishwasher not draining

take a couple of photos of the underside of the dishwasher. especially where the hoses come together and i'll point it out to you.

there is also a wiring diagram that should be printed and stuffed into a panel that will show the wiring and colors.

the solenoid will have the drain hoses and typically a plunger that allows the solenoid to flip from 1 drain hose to the other.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

doesn't there have to be a pump of some sort to throw the water up out? I've never dug very deeply into one. Is it just a venturi siphon set up?

When my ex's quit draining, I had to dig the jar lables out of the screens at the bottom, but did get the satisfaction of telling her 'I told you so' about washing the recycling. Do you wash the recycling?

I'd say simple things first; pull the hose off the disposal and redirect into a bucket, see if it drains then. if not check the screen in the bottom of the inside. the ones I've seen have a coarse grate you can see, which comes off with a screwdriver, and another one inside of the hole that removing that opens up.

If still nothing, then I'd try blowing compressed air back into the outlet hose... that's cleared a couple for me.

I'd be making sure before I bought a $134 part when a nicey nice new one is 6 or 7 benjys and a cheapy is 3.
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

My former girlfriend's dishwasher did not drain when a wire spade disconnected from its lug. Was probably never fully seated at the factory.
        Took about 18 seconds to find and fully attach.
        She was SO pleased.
        I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
        It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
        "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
          doesn't there have to be a pump of some sort to throw the water up out? I've never dug very deeply into one. Is it just a venturi siphon set up?

I'd be making sure before I bought a $134 part when a nicey nice new one is 6 or 7 benjys and a cheapy is 3.
          there is a pump. the solenoid is just a 3 way electric selector valve. the normally open position is for the spray bars, the energized position is the bypass drain.

that's the gimmick with appliance repairs. the appliance guys know that they have a better chance selling a repair at 50% or less of a new unit.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

good deal Guys, I will definitely try these new deals out and if needed take some pics. I did pop the screen and all was clean. thats what I was really hoping for but if I can get this back working its a good lesson all around. Ive been doing repair on dishwashers, fridges and washing machines lately and Im learning as I go. not great money for me at the moment but Im definitely learning new things. Ive been soaking up all handy man stuff for the last 4 years. one day Im hoping it will pay off and I can quit my day job. as frustrating as it sometimes is, its also rewarding when you make it happen. (you Guys know that feeling.) talk soon with my findings. Glenn

Comment

Working...
            X