k 400 drain cleaner foot switch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• k 400 drain cleaner foot switch

The foot switch on my k100 is intermittent. Any ideas to see if I can fix this problem?

Re: k 400 drain cleaner foot switch

Wow, zero responses. thanks for the help!

Comment

usually there is a pin hole leak in them,

on my K380 it was leaking where the tube attach├ęs to the switch, and after pressing on it for some time, you squeeze the air out of the bulb, and it does not refill, as it will seal on the suction, (slip off the hose and it will fill back up), (I think there is a small compression clamp on the hose that would have to be removed to get the hose off),

do not know if that is the problem or not,

If it is in the electrical part of the switch then most likely it needs replaced,
      with out more of a description of what is happening and what the situation is it is hard to answer the question,
      "the switch does not work sometimes, why?"

if the bulb is not leaking or not building pressure in the switch up on the machine then it is the switch most likely.
      if it is the bulb then the bulb most likely needs replaced, or the hose on the bulb, (guessing it is one piece, but with a connector and a additional hose you can replace the bulk of the hose),
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

do you have to continually take the bulb off to get it to refill or can you fix it. how does a leak where the tube attaches to the switch cause the bulb to have problems filling up with air?
        thanks

Comment

Ridged makes great stuff but their foot switches are not one of them.
          (1)Test it by putting the switch in a bucket of water and
          find the leak.

(2)Take off the switch and hose and throw away.

(3) Replace with a different brand switch (I used Drain Cable)

(4) Use a heat gun to warm up smaller hose to fit over nipple

(5) Make money

Comment

Check bulb in bucket of water for leaks.
            Replace with a better bulb

I used a draincable bulb, had to use my heat gun to expand the
            new hose onto the nipple of the machine.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
              usually there is a pin hole leak in them,

on my K380 it was leaking where the tube attach├ęs to the switch, and after pressing on it for some time, you squeeze the air out of the bulb, and it does not refill, as it will seal on the suction, (slip off the hose and it will fill back up), (I think there is a small compression clamp on the hose that would have to be removed to get the hose off),

do not know if that is the problem or not,

If it is in the electrical part of the switch then most likely it needs replaced,
              with out more of a description of what is happening and what the situation is it is hard to answer the question,
              "the switch does not work sometimes, why?"

if the bulb is not leaking or not building pressure in the switch up on the machine then it is the switch most likely.
              if it is the bulb then the bulb most likely needs replaced, or the hose on the bulb, (guessing it is one piece, but with a connector and a additional hose you can replace the bulk of the hose),
              He's absolutely right.

Or you can call a professional.

Maybe a Home Depot assistant?

Comment

Working...
              X