X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plumber rick

I here you work alone like me,i dont get along with others and no one cane keep up with me....lol,and you?

Re: plumber rick

Im licensed,though dont spell well......quit school in 8th grade and spell check takes too long....nonetheless,i got my nj license at 21,just went to manhattan to take the nyc test. Ya know real plumbers use cast,like in ny....5 story residential or less....above ground,under its all cast. Braggin,maybe...my dad was a plumber...fu@k plactic and pro..looser press . Hope i dont get booted for bein me

Comment

Rick is a Pro Press "looser" as you put it. But hey...way to warm up

Welcome! You pipe gas black, you're alright!

Comment

i think you're a friend of slyvan

i can see why you have no friends

maybe you can teach me something at the next roundup

show me how to solder without shutting off the water and that will impress me. or i can show you how i do it

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

yes our good old NY friend Slyvan
          Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
          http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
          http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
            Had to do a bit of searching in regards to Slyvan as I am fairly new here. It appears that all of his postings are gone due to being banned. That's too bad. What I could find leads me to believe that his presence here was "entertaining." Nothing like a good windbag to liven the place up! The forum needs to have a archived Hall of Shame.

Comment

Been soldering without shutting off the water for years now at 1/10th the cost of pro-press.
              Attached Files
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                Been soldering without shutting off the water for years now at 1/10th the cost of pro-press.
                If you don't want to get that wet. A freeze kit works great too if you can stop the flow.
                www.COB-Industries.com/qwikfreezer

Comment

The freeze kit does work pretty good, but you need to plug it in and carry it in the truck and it's expensive. In 36 years of plumbing I have not once failed to repair a leaking pipe, without soaking myself nor have I had to pony up a couple of grand for a tool to do it. People try to convince me to go pro press all the time. The arguments for are pretty thin with speed being the only real advantage. The fitting cost is outrageous, the joints on straight runs have to be fussed with because they are crooked as hell, the machine has to be re-calibrated after a few years use. The battery is always dead, and it's yet another heavy tool and case that you have to carry around. I'm not one to jump at every shiney new tool that comes along. Milwaukee is pushing their battery powered tubing cutter. It's heavy, needs a battery, will only do to 3/4" tube. Is expensive and too big to fit in your soldering kit. They also have a battery powered no-hub tool. Again, it needs a battery, it's big and just how much time will it really save? It's all plastic crap that will break when you need it the most.
                  sigpic

Comment

Actually that freeze kit requires no cords, just a bottle of CO2. Yes the kit new is a grand but I picked mine up from a guy that didn't know what he had for $125.

The Milwaukee power cutter does for me 1/2 through 1" at the blink of an eye and is nice on manifolds were turning a regular cutter is impossible due to pipes beside and the wall behind.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                      Now thats an interesting set of plugs how about posting a website where I could get my hands on a set.

Tony

Comment

Tony, it's a jet swet kit. You should be able to get them at the plumbing supply house.
                        sigpic

Comment

Its called dry ice,cheap and works well. I like this place

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
                            Did they let Sylvan out of the home???

Comment

Working...
                            X