Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure Valve? Cleaning

Hey All,

To my understanding, this is the water pressure valve and it is located in my garage. About two weeks ago, the county did some flushing of the water mains in my area. We had a little staining of the water one time and it seems that this pressure valve has had a whistle since. Not every time so that makes it even more frustrating to say why. No noticeable pressure loss in the house.

My question is can I remove this valve and clean it? Would there be screens that could hold sediment? The water meter is outside in a box in the ground so any sediment would have to of gone through that first. It's just annoying to hear a whistle when water is used. Any help is appreciated.

Red

Click image for larger version

Name:	511d33bcd26914437e982be0bdd8c83d.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	165.8 KB
ID:	11204
    Red

Re: Pressure Valve? Cleaning

The nut on the center of the valve should have a screen under it; be forewarned those nuts may be a PITA to get loose, make sure the water is off and use two wrenches to keep from twisting the pipe, luck.

Comment

Re: Pressure Valve? Cleaning

Originally posted by shacko View Post
      The nut on the center of the valve should have a screen under it; be forewarned those nuts may be a PITA to get loose, make sure the water is off and use two wrenches to keep from twisting the pipe, luck.
      Just to be sure. You're talking the big black nut right? I can do that no problem. Thanks.

Red
      Red

Comment

Working...
      X