Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
How many waste drain lines can be added to 2" trunk waste line? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many waste drain lines can be added to 2" trunk waste line?

I"m replacing the cast iron/steel DWV system in my home.
    At one end of the house, I have the 2" wash machine waste line, 1 1/2" shower waste line and 1 1/2" bathroom sink waste line that need to go to the 4" main.

I would like to bring all 3 together to a 2" waste trunk line, which would then go directly to the verticle 4" main waste line.

Is this too much for a 2" waste line?

It would be nice to use 2", but if I have to, I can either take one other directly to the 4" main waste line and only have 2 on the 2", or I can use a 3" trunk for all 3?

I'm an electrician, and I'm a little out of my world here

Rick
    Last edited by rich121; 07-03-2010, 03:39 PM.

Re: How many waste drain lines can be added to 2" trunk waste line?

How long are the runs going to be?

Comment

Originally posted by EasyEman View Post
      How long are the runs going to be?

The 2" trunk would be about a total of 10'.

1 1/2" Bathroom sink waste line about 5' (would land on 2" trunk about 6' from 4" main)

1 1/2" Bathroom tub waste line about 5' (would land on 2' trunk about 8' from 4" main)

2" wash machine waste line would be about 4' long and land at the end of of the 2" trunk, or about 10' from the 4" main.

Hope that makes sense?

Rick

Comment

the distance doesn't matter so much, it's the DFU values, the sink and tub should be 2 each, and if I remember right, the washer is 3, that adds up to 7, so no, you'll need at least one of those fixtures on it's own branch, or upsize to 3 inch. personally, i'd separate the washer from everything else.
        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Thank you very much for the help!

I will run the tub and sink on one 2", and run the washer on it's own 2" like you said.

Again, thanks!

Rick

Comment

Working...
          X