Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your worst case?

Originally posted by oldslowchevy View Post
    "I found the lawyer for the family, called and he gave me their address."
    the lawyer should have been investagated if not disbarred for doing this. he is very lucky the family did not sue him for not keeping his attorney client privilege. ...
    I now think their name and address was already in the news and address and telephone number in the telephone directory.
    I probably called the attorney to see if they could use any help.

Good of you, Geno, to not charge them and to report the abuse to authorities.

There is a parrot on my shoulder eating Youqing's bread and dropping crumbs down my shirt.
    Last edited by Robert Gift; 07-11-2010, 11:36 AM.
    I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
    It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
    "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

Comment

Yesterday, wife and I brought a donated used clothes washer to a 70-year-old acquaintence living alone in his parent's house in west Denver.

Upon entering his house, one is repulsed with the smells of garbage and spoiling food and odors from the bathroom.
      I took all the garbage out to the alley garbage cans.

He had removed the tank from his toilet.
      Along his bathtub, no shower, is a large hole in the lath and plaster wall.

When he washes his clothes, he does them in the kitchen sink.
      The right bowl's basket has been leaking into the undersink cabinet.

We managed to get the clothes washer down the narrow basement stairs.
      Before connecting the new hoses to the clothes washer, I flushed out the hot and cold water lines.

The clothes washer drain line is clogged solid.
      So I directed the water at the basement floor drain.
      Out flowed some dark-brown water from the hoses.
      Soon, the floor drain backed up, so now I'll have to use a rooter.

As we left, my wife said that after he dies, they should scrape off the house and start new.
      I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
      It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
      "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

Comment

One of my uncles found an aborted baby in a toilet after a backroom abortion back in the early 60's.

I personally have called social services a few times. Same old story...kids crawling around in animal feces and garbage.

I have pics of a horders house that packed so much crap into the house that the foundation is ruined. The entire house is shaped like a bowl now starting from the exterior walls to the center.

Comment

Don't know if this compares, years ago a guy poured 5 gallons of muriatic acid in clogged kitchen sink. Smell was so bad his wife was e.v.a.c. because of the collapsing in both lungs, kids ambulance to hospital for respiratory issues. When I got there the entire block had been quarantined and evacuated and The Hazardous Material team was there with local Law Enforcement and Fire and Rescue. Made me suit up in respiratory gear and said once I got the drain open to just leave my cable on the lawn and go through the wonderful decontainment shower unit.
          Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
          You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
            Don't know if this compares, years ago a guy poured 5 gallons of muriatic acid in clogged kitchen sink. Smell was so bad his wife was e.v.a.c. because of the collapsing in both lungs, kids ambulance to hospital for respiratory issues. When I got there the entire block had been quarantined and evacuated and The Hazardous Material team was there with local Law Enforcement and Fire and Rescue. Made me suit up in respiratory gear and said once I got the drain open to just leave my cable on the lawn and go through the wonderful decontainment shower unit.

I guess you kind of have to charge extra for acid in the line on that one
            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
              WOW is all I can say! I bet the news showed up and everything. Was it on tv? Thats advertising gold.

Comment

News did show up...got about 2 minutes of fame...and yes they got to buy a new cable and hazard duty pay per my boss at the time. If I remember normally 90 bucks to cable a kitchen sink...that day $400.00. I think the whole thing sucked but whatcha gonna do?!
                Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Working...
                X