X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• main sewer line check valve water table leakage

We had a check valve installed on the main sewer line near the plumbing stack to prevent sewer backup. A large open hole was drilled in the concrete basement floor and the check valve was installed and a wooden plank was put on top......and it works. However, during heavy rains the rising water table permeates the check valve pit and eventually rises and floods the basement. We can't install a sump pump because distance above the check valve is too narrow. We have a utility pump for emergencies but need a better solution. Since we already have three sump pumps in the basement, I thought of cementing a large PVC pipe to line the concrete hole and having it rise two or more inches above the basement floor. Then when the water table rises, the three other basement sump pumps will continue to work and the "open" check valve area will not flood the basement. Will this work or should we try another fix? Thanks

Re: main sewer line check valve water table leakage

Assuming this is a Back flow valve and its just seep water coming up
    and has to travel over the floor to your sump pump
    Maybe having a aluminum box made with a wide flange that could be sealed and bolted to the floor, With a lid for access ..
    Sounds like i better option to me

Comment

Re: main sewer line check valve water table leakage

Put a floor drain behind the valve.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
      X