X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pressure vacuum breaker blown out

hey Guys, I have a pressure vacuum breaker for the irregation sysyem. the sprinklers were turned off over the winter and now when I turn on the valve, water just is blowing out the top of the PVB. and I cant seem to get any sprinkers to get any type of pressure either. (I assume all the pressure is lost from it coming out of the top of the PVB.) I am thinking I need a new PVB. (?) can anyone tell me if this is correct in thinking. hope if replaced then the sprinkers will work as normal? Genn

Re: pressure vacuum breaker blown out

Thats were i would start..
    This must be on a well

Comment

Turn off the valves. Turn on the water to the unit, open the valve on the inlet side slowly then open the outlet side valve. That will reset the breaker. If that doesn't work you might have to replace it.

Comment

thanks for the responses. I did fiddle with the valves actually. the water just poures out as you open it. but I dont think this house in on a well. its in a typical housing development here in Florida.

Comment

The order in which you open the valves is important.

Comment

ok, Ill definitely check them again to make sure. hopefully it will re set. Ill let you know on sunday afternoon. thanks, Glenn

Comment

just wanted to say thank you for your help. I ended replacing the PVB after doing the tests you recommended. the sprinkerlers all work great now. thanks again. Glenn

Comment

Working...
              X