Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
tankless water heater Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • tankless water heater

    it is not for me i like my regular gas water heater so im asking for some one else
    brand -Noritz
    is this better then a regular tank type water heater
    tis is for some one on Long Island NY
    Charlie

    My seek the peek fundraiser page
    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040


    http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

    new work pictures 12/09
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

  • #2
    Re: tankless water heater

    in indiana. NO. the only times would be if you need the extra room or like to brag. breid...............

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: tankless water heater

      charlie, you know which way i swing

      why tankless over tank?

      that's the question you need to ask.

      rick.
      phoebe it is

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: tankless water heater

        i know its for my sister and this ts the way she may go ,so all i can say is i told you so
        Charlie

        My seek the peek fundraiser page
        http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040


        http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

        new work pictures 12/09
        http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: tankless water heater

          charlie, either ask your sister what she plans on gaining with a tankless, or have her call me

          she should already know me from our family photo at the amusement park

          by the time i get done with her, she'll be in hot water

          rick.
          phoebe it is

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: tankless water heater

            Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            charlie, either ask your sister what she plans on gaining with a tankless, or have her call me

            she should already know me from our family photo at the amusement park

            by the time i get done with her, she'll be in hot water

            rick.
            i dont think she would be able to handle talking with you
            and she said it will save her money with her gas bill , now gas on long island does cost a lot so it might just help
            Charlie

            My seek the peek fundraiser page
            http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040


            http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

            new work pictures 12/09
            http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: tankless water heater

              Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
              i dont think she would be able to handle talking with you
              and she said it will save her money with her gas bill , now gas on long island does cost a lot so it might just help


              J.C.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: tankless water heater

                I look at my 32$ gas bill
                During the summer its the only thing gas more than half of that is meter charge and all kinds of taxes
                Say my gas is 15$ the tank less might be less

                Shes going to make a killing

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: tankless water heater

                  $60.00 in the summer, $90.00 in winter. gas range, dryer, power vent wh, and old 65% furnace. where is the savings? breid....................

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: tankless water heater

                    Oh we can save her from her gas bill that's not a problem. The problem is, it just wouldn't be legal, and there would be a major fine with it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: tankless water heater

                      i ve installed 3 navien tankless in the last 2 years and received a few performance complaints. I just did a fourth one, my house about 2 months ago. Navien NR240A. I needed to know for myself how good is this thing. My family of 6 are giving me feedback on a weekly basis.
                      I revised my sales pitch on tankless as follows:
                      1. I would only get a tankless if you need an endless supply of hot water which applies to big families like mine who take showers and baths close in time.
                      2. When one person is showering and someone else is using hot water in the house, prepare to adjust and correct the water temp immediately. You are really going to feel it. We dont have press balanced valves at our house, maybe thats why.
                      3. expect a 20% or more at times in reduction of water flow
                      4. tracking my gas bill, i used a little more gas than i did last year same time. overall, dont hope for any savings in gas. btw, my hydro is also a little more than last year same time frame.
                      5. lucky i can do it myself for free but a service call every couple of years is good to clean the inlet filter and pump acetic acid to clean the heat exh.
                      6.I mention that a complete install will start at 4500 plus hst. This has been the biggest turn off with selling this unit.
                      7. personally i am happy with our unit because i have never run out of hot water becauce that is the only thing that has made me very happy. Also the boiler room sure looks cleaner and bigger now.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: tankless water heater

                        is there a way to stop the flow restriction from taking place?

                        A friend is thinking about a propane tankless to preheat water before going through the domestic coil on their oil boiler.

                        The boiler does fine on it's own, but they're wanting to have the boiler run less for domestic only demands.

                        My vote is to just install an indirect, bit they don't want to.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: tankless water heater

                          Originally posted by robertochekwong View Post
                          i ve installed 3 navien tankless in the last 2 years and received a few performance complaints. I just did a fourth one, my house about 2 months ago. Navien NR240A. I needed to know for myself how good is this thing. My family of 6 are giving me feedback on a weekly basis.
                          I revised my sales pitch on tankless as follows:
                          1. I would only get a tankless if you need an endless supply of hot water which applies to big families like mine who take showers and baths close in time.
                          2. When one person is showering and someone else is using hot water in the house, prepare to adjust and correct the water temp immediately. You are really going to feel it. We dont have press balanced valves at our house, maybe thats why.
                          3. expect a 20% or more at times in reduction of water flow
                          4. tracking my gas bill, i used a little more gas than i did last year same time. overall, dont hope for any savings in gas. btw, my hydro is also a little more than last year same time frame.
                          5. lucky i can do it myself for free but a service call every couple of years is good to clean the inlet filter and pump acetic acid to clean the heat exh.
                          6.I mention that a complete install will start at 4500 plus hst. This has been the biggest turn off with selling this unit.
                          7. personally i am happy with our unit because i have never run out of hot water becauce that is the only thing that has made me very happy. Also the boiler room sure looks cleaner and bigger now.
                          If you want to be able to have someone take a shower and use hot water elsewhere at the same time, you need to install a larger unit or two units. Many homes I been in that have more than 2 baths I will recommend to install a pair of the NR98-DVC units. This way when the demand reaches the peak you will not have to make the quick adjustments during the shower.
                          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X