American Standard Toilet Handle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Standard Toilet Handle

I own an apartment building with several American Standard toilets from the early 1960's. I know that the original toilet handles on those are a little different than those available as univeral replacements now. The cutout hole in the toilet tank where the toilet handle fits into is slightly larger on those old toilets

Does anyone know where I can get a toilet handle that fits better for this? Thanks!

Re: American Standard Toilet Handle

are they side mount push buttons or front mount tank handles?

the square hole is to prevent the handle from rotating while you flush. as long as the handle will not rotate in the square hole, just tighten it up while the handle is pushed in the flushing position and locked in the upper most position.

american standard is more unique on 1 piece toilets than on tank type 2 piece toilets.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks for the advice! They are front mount tank handles. The square hole in the tank is quite a bit bigger than the standard toilet handles and worried it may loosen up and then stick with the flapper open

Comment

If I'm thinking right the handle is shorter than normal and lets the float valve tilt easier

i get them from one of my plumbing suppliers

Comment

Actually, it looks like its been converted to a regular universal style flush valve assembly some time ago

The problem is more where the toilet handle fits in the hole in the tank. the hole is too big and worried it may hang up if it loosens up

Comment

You're right, it is, it will, plumbing supply house.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
            X