X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• toilet gurgles

hi i'm having an issue. when flushing the toilet air comes back up and gurgles in bowl. i've read a few things on the site here but none i read addressed my problem which is how do i snake the line. i live in a condo complex i'm on the second floor should there still be a cleanout in our storage area. we do have a basement. but i'm not sure where it would be at the ceiling is rocked.

thanks alot for any help.

Re: toilet gurgles

You need to call a drain cleaning company or if you have a septic tank it's time to have it pumped
    sigpic

Comment

i have city sewer there isn't a way to snake it from the toilet?

Comment

ok, lets put this into perspective. you live on the second floor. does that mean that there is another unit just like your's on the first floor directly below you with the same bathroom floor plan?

if so, see if they are having a problem.

do you have young kids that might have dropped ken or barbi down and took them for a swim

typically with air/ burp, it means there is a stoppage brewing. it's basically gasping for air as the line is not draining fast enough to properly vent downstream.

as fas as a cleanout goes, typically only the first floor/ ground level is required to have them.

are any other fixtures having an issue? do you have more than 1 toilet at your place?

answer these questions to help determine if it's a building issue or just a local issue

rick.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

if it's local, then either a plunger or a 6' closet auger. if it's not local then probably have to pull the toilet to run a larger machine.

does it only affect you and no other fixtures or neighbors?

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Sounds like it needs some Gas-X or Tums!
            You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Comment

Working...
            X