X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shower and tub leaks when washer is on

When our washing machine is on, the upstairs shower leaks. What could be causing this? What do I do to prevent it?

Re: Shower and tub leaks when washer is on

Originally posted by HerbB View Post
    When our washing machine is on, the upstairs shower leaks. What could be causing this? What do I do to prevent it?
    Nothing.

You may need to look at your leak again. Are you saying your shower leaks or the shower valve leaks?

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Water comes out of the shower head or spigot depending on where the diverters set. Eventually, the shower will just leak because the pressure will damage the valve.

Comment

Originally posted by HerbB View Post
        Water comes out of the shower head or spigot depending on where the diverters set. Eventually, the shower will just leak because the pressure will damage the valve.
        Check your house pressure with the water heater firing and with it not, repair your leaking valve and get back to us.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Was a satisfactory answer ever provided? I have the same problem. Shower leaks profusely whenever I'm using the washing machine. I've read what have been written so far, but honestly don't understand what solution is being suggested. If anyone knows what I should do to fix this problem,I would appreciate it.

Comment

We can't help You ,Unless You describe ,exactly is happening !
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

These sound like a washerless valve. The drop in pressure is allowing the washerless seal to relax and cause the drip.

What brand of fixture.

Single or double handle?

Post a photo if you can.

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

I remember seeing this happen on an older style single handle Delta shower valve. Due to a congested regulator the shower would leak when the laundry was on. The congested regulator reduced the flow of water and dropped the pressure to about 35PSI.

Comment

Working...
                X