X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: threading pvc pipe

a s/80 nippel can be cut and glued into a slip coupling . i just had to do this on a pool boiler.

Comment

Does anyone know:

What happens if you try to use the standard Ridgid HS or alloy 12R dies to thread PVC? I assume the pitch and taper of the PVC thread is the same as galv or brass, what goes wrong with threading the PVC pipe?

--Bert

Comment

I use my standard 12-r dies to thread pvc, I do it infrequently enough that I'm not buying a special die head for it. Seems to work just fine.

Originally posted by hochwald View Post
        Does anyone know:

What happens if you try to use the standard Ridgid HS or alloy 12R dies to thread PVC? I assume the pitch and taper of the PVC thread is the same as galv or brass, what goes wrong with threading the PVC pipe?

--Bert
        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

I also just use my standard dies when I need to thread PVC. I do that about once a month and never have any problems with it.

Usually all I thread is 3/4" schedule 80 PVC. It goes so easy I can just turn the die by hand to thread it.

Comment

Threading PVC pipe is used for mechanically joining two sections of the plastic tubing. This process is used for containing the high pressure..

If you are looking for the thread protection | protection caps

Comment

Originally posted by johnmittal View Post
              Threading PVC pipe is used for mechanically joining two sections of the plastic tubing. This process is used for containing the high pressure..

glad we got this all cleared up. now all i need is some spam for lunch.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

The temperature of using is not too high for the pvc pipe, othewise, it will be deformation.
                seamless steel pipe

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
                  Wouldn't it be faster to just use a 2" x close sch 40 brass nipple? I guess if you do a bunch of urinals you could premake the pvc nipples.

BTW: For the first time on Friday I saw a urinal auger in a catalog. I bought it. I'm perfectly willing to wait to use it though.
                  Hey Geno can you post a picture or link to the Urinal Auger when you have a moment please............!!!!

Would love to have small hose that we could use to get around urinal traps without having to take them off the wall. Bill's small hose is just too long on the head

Comment

Originally posted by sbstanding View Post
                    how to retain shape of pvc while threading pipe
                    Use a tappered wood plug in the end to keep the pipes shape also use sch 80.

Comment

Originally posted by hochwald View Post
                      Does anyone know:

--Bert
                      It will work, but the problem is that it can tear the pipe if you are using a machine Like the 300 or larger. I have ran miles of SCH. 80 for D.I. Water. Even with the plastic recommended dies it will tear the threads some times. I found that if you are using a threader with a carriage, then help the dies along a little bit. You can also start the machine with the die not engaged over a little bit of the pipe, start the machine rotating, then slowly engage the die. Always have more pipe than you need when threading PVC.
                      "don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been"

Comment

Working...
                      X