Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
shower body goes from boiling hot to freezing cold with no in between...HELP! Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: shower body goes from boiling hot to freezing cold with no in between...HELP!

A Plumber should always take out the cartridge while using a torch.

Woppa..I would cut your losses and rip the darn thing out and return it.

I'd say go get a Moen..but I know we have some delta fans on this website.

Comment

Re: shower body goes from boiling hot to freezing cold with no in between...HELP!

pegasus model number 161-263 tub and shower thermostatic faucet...

Please wait
      Image not available

Comment

i may have to return the shower body but would that involve the plumber having to install all new copper pipe (and taking out my wall) for a new shower body or would it be universal to any shower body i buy.

Comment

OH the thermostatic valve. it is going to be in the handle not the cartridge. let me go thru something and I'll post back, I had a similar problem on a Moen thermostatic valve without stops and it was what I said earlier, let me pull up the specs
          I don't bite my finger nails, I KNOW when payday is, and yes, it can run uphill when it gets blocked(or you install a grinder pump) so HA!!!!

Comment

Having a hard time finding the specs for tha tfaucet but will tell you it is going to be the way the cartridge aligns in the the handle and the "button" on the top.
            I don't bite my finger nails, I KNOW when payday is, and yes, it can run uphill when it gets blocked(or you install a grinder pump) so HA!!!!

Comment

Replacement cartridge installed
              http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/...ppa124/004.jpg

old cartridge
              http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/...ppa124/005.jpg
              http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/...ppa124/006.jpg

new cartridge uninstalled
              http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/...ppa124/008.jpg

picture without cartridge installed
              http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/...ppa124/009.jpg

sorry pictures should be correct now...
              Last edited by woppa124; 08-11-2010, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER01 View Post
                Having a hard time finding the specs for tha tfaucet but will tell you it is going to be the way the cartridge aligns in the the handle and the "button" on the top.
                You could be on the right track with the Temperature not being set before the override.

Still doesn't seem it should be that quick.

J.C.

Comment

plumber01....even when i dont use the chrome piece with the button on top...and just turn the cartridge itself, i cant get warm water, which leads me to believe whatever is wrong excludes the red button which is to my understanding just a safety to not get scalded..but what you said about the cartridge may be true, can you elaborate at all?

Comment

All the same picture. Double check the file you are loading.

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

yea fixed now thanks

Comment

So what was it?

Comment

Originally posted by woppa124 View Post
                          yea fixed now thanks
                          Cmon Man your not going to leave us hangin are you

Comment

i will be calling there number tomorrow to see if they can come up with anything else, also going to see if they sent me a refurbished cartridge (likely) on the off chance that this cartridge also is flawed.

Toll free number
                            1 866 863 1500

Pegasus Faucets
                            2455 Paces Ferry Road, N.W.
                            Atlanta, GA 30339-4024

Comment

i wish the shower was fixed, i was just talking about the post with the pictures.

Comment

I can not believe I can't find a spec or installation sheet on line GOOD GRIEF
                                I still think it is going to be something with the way the splines are lining up to each other

Comment

Working...
                                X