clogged drain/garberator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clogged drain/garberator

hello people , i have a question , its actually for my aunt , i cant go to look for my self so i hope to be able to give her some help over the phone . she has a plugged drain in her kitchen , she thinks it might be her garberator . is there any thing she can pour down the drain that would be safe for the pipes to clear the way ?

Re: clogged drain/garberator

no, but she might try a plunger

Comment

is it a 2 compartment sink? is it both compartments or just the disposal side?

sometimes i've had good luck on a 2 compartment sink stoppage to hold down the strainer in the second compartment and flip on the disposal. this will sometimes force the stoppage through as the disposal will act as a pump. i've seen it pump water up to the roof vent

this can either do nothing clear it or create a leak in the cabinet/ 2 part waste. just don't have more than a couple inches of water in the sink, or else you could have a blow out with lots of water.

do you still have a garberator we all went fuel injection years ago

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

When you do that with the G/D don't forget about the dishwasher. I remember having an employee do that and it started flooding the kitchen because the dishwasher was filling filling up with water. He never told me about it, but the customer did!

Comment

Working...
        X