Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing Tub.Shower combo from 3 hole to one hole??

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Tub.Shower combo from 3 hole to one hole??

I am going to be tackling a remodel where I will go from a three hole hot-cold-diverter shower/tub fibeglass combo to a one hole. I will be putting a cover plate to cover the two outside holes. Our house has been replumbed entirely from that polybutelene crap to PVC thaks to the class action suit. My plumbing experience to this point has been sink faucets and commodes. I will be going into the wall for the valve assembly from the back in a linen closet. I will put an access plate into the wallboard while I have it opened up. What are the gotchas or other advice you might pass along to me to be sure I do or be sure I don't do? Thanks in advance.
    Mickey

Re: Changing Tub.Shower combo from 3 hole to one hole??

What kind of pipe did you have before the polybutylene ?
    The houses here got copper when they pulled the poly out

Comment

We bought new in 1993. It was bult in 1992. When Delta mechanical replumbed it, they put in one of the PVCs. They did a super job. Two guys were in and out in three days, and we didn't have to lift a hand and you would never know they were here.
      Mickey

Comment

Moen, Delta, etc. makes a remodel cover plates for this purpose.

http://www.everyfaucet.com/asp/keywo...ng+cover+plate

Comment

Hi,
          Having an nice experience with Verona’s bath remodelling I would like to strongly suggest/share their remodeling & Luxury Bath Products.
          Verona Showers strives to design and manufacture the finest and most innovative bath remodelling products in the industry.
          www.veronashowers.com
          13912 Park Center Road, Herndon, VA 20171
          Phone: (703) 435-5557
          Fax: (703) 435-5522

Comment

Working...
          X