Announcement Module

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Help needed identifying tub valve manufacturer.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Help needed identifying tub valve manufacturer.

    Hopefully this post is not a repeat. If so, my apologies.

    I need to repair three single handle tub values installed in a So. California condo about 1975. If there was only one, I'd break open walls and replace it.

    From the exterior, the tub valve looks like a Delta. Internally, the value has a disc with two slots that slides up/down and right/left to control the temperature and flow rate of the water. The valve is held together by a bonnet that looks like those of the Delta valves of that vintage, but it is slightly larger in diameter (2" verses ~ 1.75"). Springs covered with rubberized caps press against the sliding disc. The springs and rubberized caps look like those used in Delta faucets, but they are slightly bigger.

    Help identifying manufacturer and/or parts source would be appreciated.

    Attached Files

  • #2
    Re: Help needed identifying tub valve manufacturer.

    That is a Valley faucet. Replacement parts should be available almost anywhere.
    Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.


    • #3
      Re: Help needed identifying tub valve manufacturer.

      That's a single handle Valley brand faucet. While they went out of business many years ago, parts are still available. Most hardware stores in my area carry the parts. If the parts aren't available locally to you, try this place.


      • #4
        Re: Help needed identifying tub valve manufacturer.

        I worked on a Valley Faucet II one time..was hard as hell for me to find parts for it. The town I live in now seems to be the only area that I've ever seen them.

        Must of been a hardware store bought faucet.


        • #5
          Re: Help needed identifying tub valve manufacturer.

          There were several Valley cartridges, but that one is fairly common. These valve were fairly widely used in the time frame you mentioned, and were sometimes sold under the brand names Milwaukee, or Sears, or Aqualine.

          The seats are a little different, and should come with a white plastic insert flange for the spring.

          Other than the cart., the seats and springs, and a few handles, parts are getting very scarce for Valley. You need to be thinking sooner or later that those valves need to be replaced.