X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bathroom Venting Requirements

Does anyone know the commercial venting requirements for a bathroom in Ontario, Canada?

We have a 9 foot x 5 1/2 foot bathroom, that is slab on grade construction. It's being converted from a 2 piece, to a three piece with a washer/dryer hook up also located within the walls of the same room.

Presently only the sink has a dry vent that's 2 inches in diameter.

We are trying to determine through a combination of wet and dry venting if every fixture requires a separate vent and if so the most efficient way to accomplish this task?

If every fixture does not require it's own vent, what is the maximum distandce between the fixtures before another vent is requires.

I also want to know the maximum vertical distance that is allowed between the stand pipe and the P trap for the washer and if the P trap should be above or below grade. We've read some conflicting information on this and want to ensure we don't create and S trap by accident and have off gasing, especially due to the type of construction that we have right now.

All help is appreciated.
    Thanks.

Re: Bathroom Venting Requirements

The toilets vent pipe size min is 2".Lav/wash mach. 1 1/2"

If the lav is on it's own branch you can drop the washer under it and keep the lav waste at two inch leaving enough volume of pipe to allow for water to go by the washer's trap without putting negative atmospheric pressure on it's trap thereby sip[honing it out and pumping sewer gases into the bathroom.

Comment

The sink is on it's own, and the standpipe is located horizontally about 30 inches from the sink on another wall.

I'm not sure if this will work or not.
      Should the P trap be above or below grade? Currently it's 27 inches from the top of the standing pipe to the slab.

What about the shower corner shower stall? Does it require it's own vent or can it be tied back into the toilet some how?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by patterdrad View Post
        The sink is on it's own, and the standpipe is located horizontally about 30 inches from the sink on another wall.

I'm not sure if this will work or not.
        Should the P trap be above or below grade? Currently it's 27 inches from the top of the standing pipe to the slab.

What about the shower corner shower stall? Does it require it's own vent or can it be tied back into the toilet some how?

Thanks.
        Too much for me to type.opening up for a bunch more questions your going to need to ask.
        less than a hundred bucks I'd go out to my local doctors house and tell him everything he needs to know,if I feel he's up to it.
        Most of the guys here I'm sure would be tickled to help out the town Doc.
        Got any plumber patients.

Comment

Working...
        X