Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noise from Crawlspace

Folks,
    I get a 1 second noise in the night when I am sleeping in the bedroom. Pls note that this noise may be coming in daytime too but I hear them in the night and at the interval of 10 minutes and sometime it could be more than that. The sound is like someone hits my wall slightly ( like something pops). I believe it could be from a pipe which is getting settled. Pls note that no one uses anything in the home. Only the water heater and refrigerator is running. I am not sure which one to look at it. Also the bedroom is the one connected to city water.

Since it is bothering during sleep, I want to solve it somehow. Could you pls give some possible ideas to solve this one.

Thanks
    Kumar.

Re: Noise from Crawlspace

The only "popping" sound I'm aware of, is a sound a water heater might make when it's making hot water.

Other then that...I'm in the dark as well, unless I was there to see and hear it myself.

Comment

I am thinking it might be a critter such as a rat. They are usually only active at night. Have you checked the openings into the crawlspace? Are they secure?

Comment

Has Momma been buying a lot of sexy lingerie lately ?
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

If your refrigerator has an ice maker it might make a little thud when the water solenoid shuts off. It could also be a toilet refilling so put some dye in the tank and don't use it for a couple of hours. The only other thing I can suggest is that sometimes noises can be transmitted directly from the city water supply as I have actually heard this. If you think this could be the issue, shut your house water off for an evening and see if the noise goes away. Anyways, get back to us as there are plenty of knowledgeable people here with additional tips.

Comment

raccoon or skunk
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

a toilet leaking a little and refilling,
              Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
              attributed to Samuel Johnson
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

It could be a pipe expanding or contracting after it has that last use at the end of the day and it returns to room temp.
                Steve in the trade since 73 doing new residential/Commercial work

Comment

why don't you shut the water off one night to see if it keeps poping

Comment

I see a lot out here that when the irrigation system is running, as the different zones are closing, it causes water hammer, which is heard inside the house. I'd check for that.

Comment

''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Yeah, my irrigation system makes a hammer noise at certain times BUT you will know if that is the culprit if you are watering your lawn at night not early morning. To check it out cut off the system and see if the noise is there.

Comment

Meybe there is a monster under your bed

Comment

Working...
                          X