X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WB Hush Fill Valve

Anybody ever use the WB Hush Fill Valves? Was thinking of trying them out, just wanted some feed back on someone who was used them before.

Re: WB Hush Fill Valve

I installed about 50 of them. Got them for a good price from WB. No problem other than hard to fine tune float adjustment, after its installed. It has a pin you stick into shaft after you adjust height, so it can't slip out. That pin is hard to get back out, if you want to adjust, after install. Also has a lock in clip for float adjustment, but almost impossible to get at that too, for fine tuning, after you fill the tank.
    Basically they shut off good, no real issue, but as usual, I'm back to Fluidmasters now.
    Last edited by Don the plumber; 09-05-2010, 01:32 PM.

Comment

I rather sell the good old fashioned ballcock. A whole lot less problems with an all brass valve with a float ball. All this plastic crap like Fluidmaster, Dearborn Brass, and others can stay in the hardware stores.

Attached Files
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
        I rather sell the good old fashioned ballcock. A whole lot less problems with an all brass valve with a float ball. All this plastic crap like Fluidmaster, Dearborn Brass, and others can stay in the hardware stores.

I'm not shocked that there is someone here who does it the old school way. In my area, the brass ballcocks collects dust on shelves or can't be found anywhere. I definitely don't blame you for installing them, as I know the reason you do it.

I'm a fluidmaster fan, as it dominates my area.

Comment

ron, i have a case of mansfields sitting on the shelf. it's been a good 5 years since one has been off the shelf.

the fluidmasters i use 95% of the time with no problems. it's the ballcock of choice for most new toilets. last week i checked and had over 100 fluidmasters in stock. from the 400 to the pro45hr. pro 45 and pro 45 with brass shank. even a few fluidmasters with the side inlet used on some kohlers. they all use the same ballcock seal.

with all the low flow toilets out here, an old school ballcock is not going to work on most of them. especially the totos.

mansfield ballcocks for sale

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I have 2 of those all brass Mansfields in my truck, somewhere. I keep them for that crotchety old man that insists on brass still. But I think all those old farts died now. The only thing I can't remember, the last time I used one of those, is who was president. Had to carry 9"- 11"- 14", or 11.5" whatever they were, PITA, IMO.

Not bashing SR though, or trying not to, cuz I learn alot from him. So how much you pay for one of those nowadays SR? Just curious. Thanks.

Lots of Toto toilets around here. Those brass bombers will never work on those. Love those HR Fluidmasters, Rick.

Comment

Seweraratz I use the same Brass ballcock as you do. I love them. But at around $25 bucks a pop they are a little pricey. I can get the Hush Fill Valve for $5 bucks. I've just never have used them and I'm worried about using them. JUst wondering with anyone who uses them can give me some feedback.

Comment

I have yet to work on a Toto toilet.

We just don't see them in my area.

Comment

The only Toto water closets I see use a commercial flush valve. AS for the Mansfield ballcocks I pay about 18 bucks each. I do carry the fluidmaster on my truck for those newer water closets where a real ballcock will not fit or work.

I get a dozen or so jobs where the water closet has had a fluidmaster installed or came with one installed by the factory and it had issues. I rip them out install my Mansfield ballcock and never hear from property owner again about his water closet not filling up or continuous running.
                  Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                  A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                  Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                  Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                    I rip them out install my Mansfield ballcock and never hear from property owner again about his water closet not filling up or continuous running.
                    You're definitely not alone...my buddy who is in the trade as well, LOVES Mansfield ballcocks, and swears by them.

Comment

Working...
                    X