New Shower Valve

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Shower Valve

I am installing outdoor shower by he pool. I want to use single handle valve either Delta or Price Pfister.

What is a stop. Do I need a valve with or without stops? Which would be best.

Not taking a actual shower out there, just rinsing off.

Also since this will be installed into a rock wall, I need something that is going to give me good service. Reason I would like PF valve because all the fixtures in my house are Price Pfister which have lifetime guarantee. So does Delta.

Thanks

Re: New Shower Valve

Stops are shutoff valves built into the valve body. Buy one with them if it's available.

J.C.

Comment

Yep ,
      integral stops are always a good idea and code in most jurisdictions.Keeps from shutting down a whole portion of piping or in some cases a whole house for a repair of one faucet
      ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

In single family houses, I condsider stops overkill, and one more thing which could stick or leak. But in apartments, condos, hotels, etc. they are a godsend, because otherwise you have to shut down a whole building to repair a leaky shower.

Comment

I totally agree with you. I don't see a problem with shutting off the water meter to make a repair or change a cartridge. There is only me and my wife and if she wants to go to the bathroom while I make the repair she can just not flush until I get the water back on.

Can't see the necessity of spending the 15 or 20.00 more just to be able to cut the water off at my shower valve. The other two shower valves inside my house do not have the stops.

My decision is made thanks to all of your help since I did not know the purpose of the stops before I received your useful information.

Thanks

I have decided on the delta valve instead of the Price Pfister since they both have lifetime warranties and the Delta is less expensive.
          Last edited by TGMcCallie; 09-11-2010, 09:38 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Comment

no one said which valve I like P.P. over delta garbage thats just me
            SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Working...
            X