Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just back from China. Plumbing dismal but improving.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just back from China. Plumbing dismal but improving.

rookie just got home from malaysia. and he took pictures

i'm sure he'll post when he catches up on his sleep.

rick
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Gift View Post
      Why go to all the effort of removing something that worked?
      If there were several fixtures, could they leave some as is and replace others with toilets?
      You would think so, But I have learned since being in Iraq and being in the bidet business, that we as Americans have no tolerance for another cultures toileting habits. Even if there is nothing wrong with what they do. Oh ya we pulled all they bidet sprayers out also,,,,,,, Knowing what I know now I would have quit before removing a single bidet sprayer.

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
        ... we as Americans have no tolerance for another cultures toileting habits. Even if there is nothing wrong with what they do. Oh ya we pulled all they bidet sprayers out also,,,,,,, Knowing what I know now I would have quit before removing a single bidet sprayer.
        What was the issue with bidet sprayers?
        So, you had to cap the pipe and fill in the hole in the bowl?
        Anyone knowhy?

Toilets are better than trough toilets because there is no splash onto one's ankles. Also, regular toilets are much easier to install.
        But squatting is anatomically a better posture.
        I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
        It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
        "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

Comment

What was the issue with bidet sprayers?
          So, you had to cap the pipe and fill in the hole in the bowl?
          Anyone knowhy?

Toilets are better than trough toilets because there is no splash onto one's ankles. Also, regular toilets are much easier to install.
          But squatting is anatomically a better posture.
          The issue with the bidets was Americans did not use them so they must be inferior. As far as the squat toilets went we wouuld pull the unit then dig down about 2.5 feet to the trap and remove that then we would pipe it pack up to a toilet flange for a conventional toilet. mostly what I had to do was remove the conventional toilet dig down and pull the previous trap that nobody removed in the 1st place. A duel trapped toilet does not flush well.

Comment

The issue with the bidets was Americans did not use them so they must be inferior.
            Americans do not have as high a standard of cleanliness as they do!
            Maybe paper companies did not want to lose sales.

...mostly what I had to do was remove the conventional toilet dig down and pull the previous trap that nobody removed in the 1st place.A duel trapped toilet does not flush well.
            I would have made that mistake. I would have left the unit in place fastening a sturdy cover over it and simply piped a closet flange into the vertical pipe leading to the trap.
            Were they 4-inch traps?

What happens? Toilet bowl water is sucked down until air gurgles in?
            Last edited by Robert Gift; 10-12-2010, 03:19 PM.
            I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
            It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
            "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

Comment

What happens? Toilet bowl water is sucked down until air gurgles in?
              With no solids the toilets would have a poor flush. with solids they would continuously plug. some of the guys talked about pulling the traps and they had big patches of cement. the toilets in buildings that would not flush had small patches of cement. Thats how I figured it out

Comment

Working...
              X