Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who makes the most comfortable, steel toed work boots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who makes the most comfortable, steel toed work boots?

I'm currently wearing a pair of titanium toe Timberland Pro boots. So far these have been the most comfortable but I have yet to try Danner boots. They do last pretty long though....had these close to two years already.
    Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Blundstone without a doubt plus you never have to tie them great for service work. Made its Australia I've had mine for nearly two years my last pair I got given to me used and they lasted me three years. Comfy and awesome just not very warm in the winter.
      Last edited by seanny deep; 10-19-2015, 06:52 PM.

Comment

hello folks ...we going to start new bussiness of work boots...please suggest me where i get cheap boots .waiting for your precious suggesstions..thanx

Comment

Danner are my favorite boots. I don't wear steel toe anymore, so I wear standard Super Rainforest uninsulated boots. They're fantastic boots but nothing near cheap.

Problem with cheap boots is you'll be buying them often; they can't be overhauled either. Danner can rework boots. I'm an electrian, plumber, welder, digger, rigger, gc, etc. so my boots take a beating...so my feet don't. All I can say is I'm glad my feet and toes don't look like my 1st pair of Danners. Leather gashes, burn marks...it's a tough boot that can take a beating and keep your feet dry.

These look great, too. I'm amazed at the compliments I get. Danner Super Rainforest boots are bad a$$...steel toe or standard. I can't recommend anything else if you need a super-duty boot.

Super Rainforest 8-inch NMT
          USA Crafted
          We didn't have to give them triple stitching. We didn't have to use leather-over-leather construction. We didn't have to completely overbuild them. But we did. That's what makes these boots worthy of the name Danner.
          Last edited by Colorado Contractor; 10-20-2015, 12:52 AM.

Comment

• Colorado Contractor
            Editing a comment
            The non-metallic safety toe won’t conduct heat or cold to the foot, and meets or exceeds ASTM standard F2413-11 I/75 C/75 EH. Electrical hazard (EH) footwear is manufactured with non-conductive electrical shock resistant soles and heels.

What I learned many many moons ago as one of Uncle Sams Misguided Children, is that the right SOCKS make a big difference in boot comfort. Heavy wool socks with a cushioned heel and toe do the job for me.

Comment

• Colorado Contractor
            Editing a comment
            Heavy wool socks...Arizona? Leather does breath but too hot for me. A blend of Merino wool is what I use for hiking, soi suppose those would work. Still, in summer I like a nice thick cotton sock and change them during the day if I'm sweaty. Spray a bit of Dr. Scholl's foot spray occasionally and swap boots daily.

All I buy is redwings
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I never buy just one pair of boots and wear them out. I have three pair active (one in non-repairable condition for really ugly jobs) and alternate two pair daily. You'd be surprised how much longer two pair last vs. sequentially wearing out one then the next. This strategy limits moisture saturation (ergo funk) by allowing one to dry and rest while the other is in use.

In total I have 8 pair now--4 are unused. Danner boot-wise, yeah, I suppose I rival women with all their shoes. But Danners aren't cheap, so if I get them for $230-$260, I stock up. Recently, I got two pair for $129 each. They were one size smaller. Not my first choice, but at $350/pair now...I'll grimace for a few extra days for $129 SRF Danners while they stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by post plumber View Post
              Re: Who makes the most comfortable, steel toed work boots?

redwing
              Have to second , third or...

Comment

Comment

I'm a retired Auto tech and switched over to https://www.dibsworkboots.com/ years ago because they last and are comfortable to wear.

Comment

I've been buying J.B Goodhue BIONIC2 17141 for 15 years. These are the only boots that don't want to make me puke from pain. Seriously the pain in the heel was tremendous I wanted to quit my construction job every single minute. I also have flat and wide feet I'm a bull of a guy and heavy. They have foam in the heel and sole, I wear these with my orthopedic insoles.

They are so great for me that they are more comfortable than running shoes, I wear them to take a walk and sometimes for shopping with the girlfriend.

https://jbgoodhue.com/bionic2-17141.html
                    Last edited by Pro Service; 01-30-2018, 09:00 AM.

Comment

I had a pair of DuraShocks that were very comfortable for me. They have a composite toe and no metal in the eyelets or speed laces which was important to me when I bought them as I was working in a high security facility and that bit of metal would set off the meal detectors at security going in. I had them at least 8 years and they lasted that long because I don't wear them when it's hot and switched them off with a second pair of boots so not wearing them everyday in the Winter/cold months. Since I don't wear them in the warmer months and I just put them on for the first time a few days ago. As you can see in the photos the uppers are in great shape and the bond to the sole never separated which is the weak link in most boots with a bonded connection. They never leaked, my feet never got wet in the rain or snow.

Well the soles on my boots were falling apart. I realized it right away as my feet were sticking to the floor and when I got outside the stone in the driveway was getting embedded in the sole and heel of both boots. The soft cushioned part of the sole had broken down I guess and turned gummy. Took them off and was going to toss them but I went to the Wolverine web site and found out I could put in a claim after chatting with a rep online.

So I entered the claim along with a couple photos and they got back to me the next day. Said I should go to the site and pick out a pair of boots which I did. Now I just have to send them a photo of the boots with the tongue cut out (so they can't be worn again or used to make another claim) and they will send me my replacement boots. I didn't go for the composite toe this time since I'm no longer working where I need a safety toe and I have at least one other pair with safety toes.

So bottom line Wolverine is standing behind their boot and giving me a free replacement pair after 8 years. I would have rather not had to replace them but at least I don't have to spend $140 (or more probably today) for a new pair which is what these cost me years ago.

I have plenty of other brand boots and shoes (Red Wing, Danner, Chippewa, Bates, and a pair of Mucks for wet/muddy work) but these I found very comfortable when working on concrete all day and no insulation so my feet didn't sweat too bad. My only pair of insulated boots are the Chippewa. I've got a pair of Red Wing slip-ons I'm trying to wear out that I can't even guess how old they are, they just won't quit.

All my boots are one piece toe except the Chippewa winter boot. The moc toe with the stitching along the toe I don't like because if you're using a torch or welding that ridge creates a spot where hot slag or molten metal can get caught on top of your foot. With your face buried in a welding shield or behind a pair of burning goggles you probably won't know until your toe starts getting hot and by then your boot has a nice burn spot in it and hopefully that's all the damage you get. But early on I had a pair of boots with moc toes and that's what happened to me so I never bought that style again. Your mileage may vary but that was my experience.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20191102_151500 (Medium).jpg Views:	0 Size:	260.2 KB ID:	741962

Click image for larger version  Name:	20191102_151404 (Medium).jpg Views:	0 Size:	318.6 KB ID:	741963

Click image for larger version  Name:	20191102_151447 (Medium).jpg Views:	0 Size:	173.3 KB ID:	741964

Click image for larger version  Name:	20191102_151353 (Medium).jpg Views:	0 Size:	224.9 KB ID:	741965
                      Last edited by Bob D.; 11-07-2019, 05:11 AM.
                      "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1p...qcZKHyrqKhikFA

----

Comment

My replacement boots from Wolverine arrived yesterday. I picked out a pair similar to what I had but no safety toe because as I said I don't need that anymore and I have a couple other pairs of boots with safety toes if I should.

So overall I'm satisfied with the way Wolverine stood behind their product. Just had to send them a photo of the boot, no receipt or anything else required, and 8 years after I had bought the boots they gave me a new pair of boots free.

"It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1p...qcZKHyrqKhikFA

----

Comment

Working...
                        X