Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who makes the most comfortable, steel toed work boots?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who makes the most comfortable, steel toed work boots?

I'm currently wearing a pair of titanium toe Timberland Pro boots. So far these have been the most comfortable but I have yet to try Danner boots. They do last pretty long though....had these close to two years already.
    Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Blundstone without a doubt plus you never have to tie them great for service work. Made its Australia I've had mine for nearly two years my last pair I got given to me used and they lasted me three years. Comfy and awesome just not very warm in the winter.
      Last edited by seanny deep; 10-19-2015, 06:52 PM.

Comment

hello folks ...we going to start new bussiness of work boots...please suggest me where i get cheap boots .waiting for your precious suggesstions..thanx

Comment

Danner are my favorite boots. I don't wear steel toe anymore, so I wear standard Super Rainforest uninsulated boots. They're fantastic boots but nothing near cheap.

Problem with cheap boots is you'll be buying them often; they can't be overhauled either. Danner can rework boots. I'm an electrian, plumber, welder, digger, rigger, gc, etc. so my boots take a beating...so my feet don't. All I can say is I'm glad my feet and toes don't look like my 1st pair of Danners. Leather gashes, burn marks...it's a tough boot that can take a beating and keep your feet dry.

These look great, too. I'm amazed at the compliments I get. Danner Super Rainforest boots are bad a$$...steel toe or standard. I can't recommend anything else if you need a super-duty boot.

Super Rainforest 8-inch NMT
          USA Crafted
          We didn't have to give them triple stitching. We didn't have to use leather-over-leather construction. We didn't have to completely overbuild them. But we did. That's what makes these boots worthy of the name Danner.
          Last edited by Colorado Contractor; 10-20-2015, 12:52 AM.

Comment

• Colorado Contractor
            Editing a comment
            The non-metallic safety toe won’t conduct heat or cold to the foot, and meets or exceeds ASTM standard F2413-11 I/75 C/75 EH. Electrical hazard (EH) footwear is manufactured with non-conductive electrical shock resistant soles and heels.

What I learned many many moons ago as one of Uncle Sams Misguided Children, is that the right SOCKS make a big difference in boot comfort. Heavy wool socks with a cushioned heel and toe do the job for me.

Comment

• Colorado Contractor
            Editing a comment
            Heavy wool socks...Arizona? Leather does breath but too hot for me. A blend of Merino wool is what I use for hiking, soi suppose those would work. Still, in summer I like a nice thick cotton sock and change them during the day if I'm sweaty. Spray a bit of Dr. Scholl's foot spray occasionally and swap boots daily.

All I buy is redwings
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I never buy just one pair of boots and wear them out. I have three pair active (one in non-repairable condition for really ugly jobs) and alternate two pair daily. You'd be surprised how much longer two pair last vs. sequentially wearing out one then the next. This strategy limits moisture saturation (ergo funk) by allowing one to dry and rest while the other is in use.

In total I have 8 pair now--4 are unused. Danner boot-wise, yeah, I suppose I rival women with all their shoes. But Danners aren't cheap, so if I get them for $230-$260, I stock up. Recently, I got two pair for $129 each. They were one size smaller. Not my first choice, but at $350/pair now...I'll grimace for a few extra days for $129 SRF Danners while they stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by post plumber View Post
              Re: Who makes the most comfortable, steel toed work boots?

redwing
              Have to second , third or...

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X