Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who makes the most comfortable, steel toed work boots?

Our company just started a new service contract with a new company and it looks like I won’t be able to get away wearing steel toe shoes anymore.

Any recommendations on who makes a good comfortable boot?

Re: Who makes the most comfortable, steel toed work boots?

redwing
    SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Danner Boots by far has the best boots, I have all way's had a pair of Redwings as well. I found a pair of Caterpillar Boots that I had for ten years they where a little on the heavy side but they where good boots. If you want the best I would say Danner!

Comment

I would have to agree with Dan on the Danner boots. I too had Redwings in the past, but I have noticed they are starting to get parts for their boots and whole boots from Indonesia and China. At first it was the stores carring other brand boots made in China, but when I seen the RedWing labeled boots with made in China tags, I just never went back.

Another thing about RedWing that rubbed me the wrong way was I had a $400 pair of their boots and the soles started to get holes in the threads. Not at the edges, and not from the sole being worn down there was plenty of thread left. They refused to resole them under warranty even though you can plainly see there was something wrong with the matrairal they used. So I did end up paying them $80 for the boots to get resoled, when I got them back I was appuloed by how sloppy the resoling was done, and not even two years went by and the soles are pulling away from the boot. IMHO RedWing is nothing like they used to be.
        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on these choices here.Going to go out and try on a few of these danner boots.
          They sure have some pretty good reviews.

http://www.danner.com/boots/

thx

Comment

What's wrong with steel toed boots?
            Is it your particular boots are looking ratty and you simply
            need to replace them so you look good for the new company contract?

What happens if you smoosh your toes?
            What about OSHA?
            What work are you doing where steel toed shoes are not allowed?

I have never heard of a company asking you not to wear steel toes shoes.....well maybe working around big magnets it could be a problem.

I was wearing one of those back supports with the magnets
            one time..and when my wife came home she found me
            stuck to the refrigerator door.

Cactus Man

Comment

Chippewa, the USA made ones, the chinese ones only last about 6 months the USA ones would last me 18 mos.

Comment

I'm a big fan of Timberland Pro series. I have a pair and I actually use them to go walking in they are so comfortable, in addition to wearing them in the wood and working outside. They are the black ones. I bought mine on sale at Sears for $110, 2 years ago.

My brother wears the same one and he is on his feet in a paper mill.

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
                  Chippewa, the USA made ones, the chinese ones only last about 6 months the USA ones would last me 18 mos.
                  I agree!

The most comfortable, best built boot I have worn in my entire life...
                  411 Plumb Appliance Stimulus Package

Comment

RedWing 953's. Good comfort. Still made in Minnesota, U.S.A. last I checked. I'd be willing to try some others though. It's just that most have tread. I DON'T WANT TREAD.

If I'm roughing in the dirt around here hangs in them even in dry times. In wet times we call them "Acre Shoes" cause you carry an acre with you.

And heading in and out of businesses/houses you will always track, track, track something into the place.

RedWing 953's, flat tread, no tracking, very little clinging of dirt/mud, and no booties. Never had a problem where I had to wear slipovers on them.

What works for me.

http://www.redwingshoes.com/productd...px?prodid=1061

J.C.

Comment

Thanks for the advise guys.I ended up getting the Redwing 3507.Pretty comfortable boots and maid in the USA.

Comment

...well maybe working around big magnets it could be a problem.
                        Or having to go through metal detectors all the time like in a
                        courthouse or other government facility with even higher security.

Nothing like having to take your steel toe boots off on a rainy day and
                        stand in line on a wet floor waiting to go through the metal detector to
                        start your day off wrong.

For those reasons I prefer composite toe, Red Wing and most others
                        have them though no in as many styles.
                        ---------------
                        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                        ---------------
                        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                        ---------
                        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                        ---------
                        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I've always bought Carolinas and they were very comfy. It's hard to find good work boots for women though. My husband loves Rocky Marauders-but they aren't steel toebut they look like they are. Get light boots otherwise it feels like you're carrying around cement blocks all day. And yes-Red Wings suck.

Comment

Any high end company, e.g. Danner, Redwing, Timberland Pro. Remember, you get what you pay for!

Comment

Originally posted by gobby View Post
                              Thanks for the advise guys.I ended up getting the Redwing 3507.Pretty comfortable boots and maid in the USA.

Was I not the first to say it Red Wings you cant go wrong
                              SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Working...
                              X