Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jetting a shallow well ?????????

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    any pictures or a link to the kit?

i use a gas post hole auger with 8'' bit to drill for cleanouts and soften the ground. works good as it makes the dirt clumps into soft, fluffy backfill.

rick.
    Similar to this.

http://www.aandddrillingsupply.myipsites.com/HOME.html

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

They make a jack hammer adaptor to drive a shallow well. 20' should be easy. I was going to use one but the basement ceiling was to low so we had to use a fence post driver.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        By the way I have an old but never been used gas powered well drilling kit with maybe 150' of casing and pipe if you are interested. There are a couple of rock bits included.

Mark
        thanks, sent You a pm
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

This would never be used for drinking water. Washing vehicles, and
          firefighting. Welding area shared with wood shop is a good and Bad combo.
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I know of one person that had drilled a well using a "Iwan Auger"
            the one I have has a pipe handle that sections of additional pipe can be added to lengthen the depth of it,
            http://www.google.com/products?um=1&...-8&sa=N&tab=if

Attached Files
            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
            attributed to Samuel Johnson
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
              The cost to correct an aquifer that has been contaminated could be in the millions so you do want to make sure everything is legal. In California you have to have a minimum of 50' of grout which eliminates any hope of a 20' deep well.

Mark
              In Michigan we have to pump (not pour) grout the entire annular space.

Bentonite or, neat cement is determined by were we hit bedrock.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                This would never be used for drinking water. Washing vehicles, and
                firefighting. Welding area shared with wood shop is a good and Bad combo.
                It still can allow contaminants to get in the aquifer.

It isn't just about you.

Comment

http://www.co.marin.ca.us/depts/CD/m...pplication.pdf

This should answer the permit questions.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
                    I know of one person that had drilled a well using a "Iwan Auger"
                    the one I have has a pipe handle that sections of additional pipe can be added to lengthen the depth of it,
                    http://www.google.com/products?um=1&...-8&sa=N&tab=if

back in the 70S on Cape Cod. We used a 90 lb. driver and drove 2" casing 50 ft. 2 " galvy pipe, 3ft button point
                    with hardened drive point head. It served Our family for Many years.

Comment

My Geo Tech. friend was amused on " opening things to the Aquifer."
                      He said "Kevin, in our quake pron area the Earth is opening up and dumping many contaminants into itself DAILY, a properly sealed 2 "
                      casing with check valve is the least of our problems ,BP and the Govt. regulators are our problem! "

Comment

He said "Kevin, in our quake pron area the Earth is opening up and dumping many contaminants into itself DAILY, a properly sealed 2 "
                        casing with check valve is the least of our problems ,BP and the Govt. regulators are our problem! "
                        Many rules, laws and codes make little sense to me.

Still we have to follow them or, face fines.

But, I guess you could try, "telling it to the judge".

Comment

I am currently enrolled in a Water Distribution class taught by the Head Engineer for the City of Santa Monica Water Department. He explained to us 2.2 billion gallons on their water goes to waste every year because MTBE from leaking gas stations was found in their water a decade ago. The cost of the clean up and purchase of outside water is estimated to cost the gas stations almost $25,000,000. All it takes is 14 parts per billion and California closes the well.

Mark

Comment

question Driller. Are You picking up a lot of Buss. from the Thriving Geo pump Buss. My Son in Law in Wash. Is tieing up the largest drilling Companys. Now He's doing large commercial projects.

Comment

question Driller. Are You picking up a lot of Buss. from the Thriving Geo pump Buss. My Son in Law in Wash. Is tieing up the largest drilling Companys. Now He's doing large commercial projects.
                              No. I have drilled some geo. Then the price dropped per foot and it was not worth it.

Also, that is just not the direction I see my business moving.

Comment

One of my partners in Utah owns a place that produces 180 gpm of 180 degree water. The government studied it a decade ago but decided it was not hot enough. Now they are back looking at it. It is currently leased and operated by a hippie type guy.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                                X