GE Americana Dishwasher Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GE Americana Dishwasher Problem

I have had this dishwasher for about two years now, and recently the dishes have not been clean at the end of the cycle, and the water in the bottom of the dishwasher is very murky and dirty looking. I use jet dry rinse agent and cascade detergent. It is set up to drain with a dishwasher T according to the installation instructions. It is vented under a sink with an oatey "sure vent" The drain line from the dishwasher and the p trap for the sink appear to be clear of any clogs. Any advice would be appreciated

Jake

Re: GE Americana Dishwasher Problem

At the end of the complete cycle there should be NO water in the dishwasher.

Comment

Could be some garbage in the sump. Remove the plastic piece from the bottom of the dishwasher and clean it and the sump?

Comment

thanks for the reply. does the sump come out of the bottom under the actual dishwasher cabinet? i removed the metal toe kick and looked under with a flashlight. i saw where the drain tube came out of another plastic cylinder. is this what you are referring to?

Comment

Originally posted by lssuwaterwolf View Post
          thanks for the reply. does the sump come out of the bottom under the actual dishwasher cabinet? i removed the metal toe kick and looked under with a flashlight. i saw where the drain tube came out of another plastic cylinder. is this what you are referring to?
          Look inside the dishwasher under the lower basket. Usually a perforated plastic filter in there somewhere. Check it, clean it, remove it and look for any blockages under or behind it.

J.C.

Comment

INSIDE the dishwasher is there a screen which can be removed?
            It may require removing screws to remove the screen. Maybe the screws are not visible under dirty water.
            Remove the screen(s) and thoroughly clean the screens and the water channels below.

Also, is the dishwasher hooked up to the HOT water line?
            (My girlfriend's dishwasher was connected to the cold water line and grease built up in a certain area in the back of the dishwasher.
            When I reconnected to the HOT water line and cleaned out the grease, the problem nevereturned.)
            I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
            It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
            "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

Comment

Working...
            X