X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tankless hot water heaters

Does anyone have experience with the Navien NP240? The installation would be in a 4 BR home with heavy deamnd for showers and laundry as it is in a summer beach community. It seems far more expensive than the Rennai and I am not sure there is any reason to use it. Is it that more efficient and does it require less maintenance? Would anyone recommend it over other units? Or which units are the best in terms of efficiency and less problems? Thanks!

Re: tankless hot water heaters

not a tankless fan, but i will give you some facts. the 240a is a better choice as it has a buffer tank and recirc capability.

you mentioned high demand, unless you go with 2 heaters, you'll probably be disappointed in it's performance.

look at the gpm at the set temperature rise. what appears to be 11gpm is based on a 35 degree rise. so unless you're living in the middle of the hot desert, a 35 degree rise is not enough. figure on a 5-6 gpm delivery.

there are hundreds of tankless post on the forum. don't get your heart set because of thinking you're going green.

american appliance and bradford white both have high output tank heaters that are hybrid units. i would consider those over a true tankless.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

And, will it be black iron or galvy pipe to it ?
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Black Iron he is in NY they dont accept galvy for gas!

NM just read he was a real estate broker, probably use csst or whatever the guy at the Depot tells him to use

Comment

Where have you guys been hiding?
          Haven't you been reading about how many plumber's customers are having problems with the junk naviens.
          Yeah,when they came out a few years ago they looked great with their interior tank.Other plumbers are loosing their AZZ on these piles because of failures in need of callbacks.

Bad..I will not put one in untill I see the other test monkey plumbers having better success.

Rick,
          That one you put in the Hollywood Hills...What is it's track record?
          Was that the same condensing unit with an internal tank.I thought you installed a mini electric at the other end of the house to cushion the wait/sandwich time.

Comment

owner bought a noritz from what i remember. it was a condensing unit mainly for the tax credit.

the electric backup was to cut down on the wait time and cold water sandwich.

no issues that i've heard of from the single owner. but remember that the electric 10 gallon tank was the deal maker.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

It has been a year since Navien introduced the NR & NP units to replace the CR & CC. Don't see many complaints anymore as I hear the new series works flawless and upgrade kits have fixed the older CR/CC units. One year down with a little more time we shall see.

Comment

Why are you looking at the NP240 and not the NR240?

Ive installed 5 Navien NP & NR units since summer. Only had one problem with a NR unit. The plastic water flow switch blew off the brass nut connector. Water sprayed all over inside the unit. Looks like it may have been cross threaded at the factory. Of course the leak didn't show up until the unit was up and running for 3 days. I did notice a slightly different thread length (about 3 less) on the replacement flow switch. I'll post a picture if I can find it.

We've moved away from Navien units not so much from this incedent but price and availability. Currently pushing the Triangle Tube Prestige and Solo models. When they piss me off I'll find some other crap to push as the latest and greatest
                Last edited by plumberscrack; 10-22-2010, 05:35 PM.

Comment

One of our suppliers that was carring Navien thought the new models was the cure to all the issues the plumbers where having in the field. Guess not since they stopped carring the Navien last month.
                  Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                  A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                  Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                  Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                    One of our suppliers that was carring Navien thought the new models was the cure to all the issues the plumbers where having in the field. Guess not since they stopped carring the Navien last month.
                    Huge bit of info there
                    Thanks RATZ

Comment

Which is the one that has the battery back up?
                      ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                        Who is the supplier since the big one in your area, Connor company still has them. I think it is just them and Ferguson so who would the other be?

Dont forget in these tough times many stop "carring" product because they dont pay.
                        Last edited by Lee H; 10-02-2010, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                          Which is the one that has the battery back up?
                          And which power vented water heater, furnace or boiler has battery backup?

Comment

Originally posted by Lee H View Post
                            And which power vented water heater, furnace or boiler has battery backup?
                            Yes , that was my question..
                            ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post

Yes , that was my question..
                              That's the $200 option, but only available at bestbuy, office max, staples......
                              Called a UPS

But for me it's called a whole house generator, I like to live comfortably and throw parties for neighbors when the lights on the street go out.

Comment

Working...
                              X