X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water around the perimeter of the basement

Yesterday afternoon, I arrived home and witnessed the sump pump draining out a continuous stream of water 1 1/2" diameter. I also noticed the sump pump not turning off. The water was puddling and being recycled back into the ground and not running off away from the house. When I went into the finished basement, there was one large 15 x 15 area that was soaked. This was a low lying area off the basement. The sump pump is located about 30' from the flooded area. The area around the sump pump was dry. However, I found additional areas around the perimeter of the basement that were also wet. Is it possible for the drain tile to back up and have water come into the low areas of the perimeter of the basement?

Russ

Re: water around the perimeter of the basement

Originally posted by rcarrick View Post
    Yesterday afternoon, I arrived home and witnessed the sump pump draining out a continuous stream of water 1 1/2" diameter. I also noticed the sump pump not turning off. The water was puddling and being recycled back into the ground and not running off away from the house. When I went into the finished basement, there was one large 15 x 15 area that was soaked. This was a low lying area off the basement. The sump pump is located about 30' from the flooded area. The area around the sump pump was dry. However, I found additional areas around the perimeter of the basement that were also wet. Is it possible for the drain tile to back up and have water come into the low areas of the perimeter of the basement?

Russ
    Its possible but more likely that something else could be going on like a backed up sewer drain or something hard to say with what your asking with out being there to see that sounds like a hard problem I would also check the water meter see if you here any water running sorry I couldnt be of more help but thats a head scratcher
    SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

I do this work . You need to start with a geo tech Eng. It'll cost some money, but it will have a proper fix. Most folks won't listen to Me . They'll Pi$$ away money on a handy Man ,that just doesn't know,and still get water. Good Luck PS some free advice. All roof drains tite lined away from house.! NO downspout ,or sump discharge near home! top soil around foundation compacted CLAY ,pitched away to drain!
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I'd go w/ sewer drain-we have a septic tank and the furnco came off when the clay settled. Same result, water in basement jsut dug it up and put in sand to cover instead of red clay. Easy fix but digging clay by hand is not fun.

Comment

Working...
        X