X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Borit have one

Need to bore under a driveway anyone have experience with this? video looks good.

http://www.borit.com
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Borit have one

Very interesting, I'll bookmark this for the future, as we have hard clay here.

Comment

These types of hand drill water hose devices have been around since I been a part of the trade.

I forget the name it was called in the eighties.Pasco's making money off it for the past decade.

This one's head looks a little more ergonomic...kindof like...Uhh...
      Oh,never mind.That one has already been previously chosen for thread of the week last week.

Comment

i have a few of them and even make my own paddle blades.

the trick is to bore small and aim properly. then ream larger on the pull back.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.
          Rick, I remember the awesome blue pipe rack setup You have. Idon't have the $$ for that one. And I just have to get under 1 driveway right now. the whole tit is just under $300 and will be added into the project price. HI PHOEBE
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I use a different brand called Hydrodrill. The drillng heads are not as advanced as the Bore-it. I watched the Bore-it video and don't care for how they promote it taking 19 minutes to bore a hole under a driveway starting from pulling up in your truck at the jobsite. Not in your life. Most times I drill I am wet and muddy and have had to stop several times to wet vac out the accumulated water in the trench. I nearly always hit a large rock that takes some work to get around. I have drilled through an area drain and have taken out irrigation as well.

I did manage to drill from the side of a swiiming pool to a 16" x 16" hole in a utility room slab that was 30' away and got it, but was very lucky and wouldn't try it again.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.
              Ever use a pressure washer hooked to one ? STERIODS !!

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                Ever use a pressure washer hooked to one ? STERIODS !!
                What are you trying to do drop the driveway into a steroid sized sinkhole?
                The Kevin I know would have someone tarred and feathered for less.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota View Post
                  I use a different brand called Hydrodrill. The drillng heads are not as advanced as the Bore-it. I watched the Bore-it video and don't care for how they promote it taking 19 minutes to bore a hole under a driveway starting from pulling up in your truck at the jobsite. Not in your life. Most times I drill I am wet and muddy and have had to stop several times to wet vac out the accumulated water in the trench. I nearly always hit a large rock that takes some work to get around. I have drilled through an area drain and have taken out irrigation as well.

I did manage to drill from the side of a swiiming pool to a 16" x 16" hole in a utility room slab that was 30' away and got it, but was very lucky and wouldn't try it again.
                  I'm not believing for one minute had you been faced with a prettier damsell with the doe eyes in distress you'd be rollin' out a hose before I could even say "Bu .

Comment

HMM, Straight down , WELL ??????????? HOW would You muck it out ? Gas trash pump ?

Comment

a bailer would work to muck it out,

a pipe with a one way valve on the bottom of it and a rope to lower it if you have to do many times set up a pulley above the well

http://www.fao.org/docrep/x5567e/x5567e05.htm
                      http://www.petroleumhistory.org/OilH...ng/bailer.html
                      page 4 good picture of both a dart and a flat bottom bailer
                      http://140.194.76.129/publications/e...2-1908/a-b.pdf

for a shallow well and small casing, a good air compressor will most likely blow it out, drop a line down to the bottom and turn it on,
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      I have a borzit tool but have not used it much, but what I have used it like it,
                      Last edited by BHD; 10-02-2010, 08:35 PM.
                      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                      attributed to Samuel Johnson
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
                        a bailer would work to muck it out,

a pipe with a one way valve on the bottom of it and a rope to lower it if you have to do many times set up a pulley above the well

http://www.fao.org/docrep/x5567e/x5567e05.htm
                        http://www.petroleumhistory.org/OilH...ng/bailer.html
                        page 4 good picture of both a dart and a flat bottom bailer
                        http://140.194.76.129/publications/e...2-1908/a-b.pdf

for a shallow well and small casing, a good air compressor will most likely blow it out, drop a line down to the bottom and turn it on,
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        I have a borzit tool but have not used it much, but what I have used it like it,
                        Once again, the most clever and industrious of us all " THE AMERICAN FARMER "

Comment

I looked at this one too when I though I was going to be boring a water line under a couple of driveways.

Didn't get it though.

http://www.borzit.com/

J.C.

Comment

Stupid question. Why do you even need the water?
                            ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

[quote=jcsplumbing;312567]i looked at this one too when i though i was going to be boring a water line under a couple of driveways.

Didn't get it though.

http://www.borzit.com/ Thanks JC Have one of these coming 2",3" and 5"

I didn't go with boreit , no one to answer phone. Tel tag around 6 times ! BORZIT, GOOD EXPERIENCE, PROFFESIONAL TO TALK TO.
                              Last edited by toolaholic; 10-08-2010, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X