Lp barbacue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lp barbacue

Can the jets be changed on most of these for natural gas ???
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Lp barbacue

most of them will come with the other jets and the regulator is typically an adjustable one with a spring nut set for nat or lp. check with the owners manual for the conversion info.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I would say "it depends". I have seen a lot of BBQ where the regulator was not switchable, and no orifices included. Need to ask at the store before you buy it.

Comment

Watch out what you're doing! Some of these cheapo 99 buck BBQs cannot be altered. In any event, when going from natural gas to LP, orifices MUST be changed (they will be many drill sizes smaller). Propane has much MORE BTUs per given quantity than Natural gas. (methyl, ethyl, pump, the block----> methane, ethane, propane, butane from highschool chemistry class).
        Hook a natural gas BBQ up to PROPANE and watch the FLAMES shoot out!
        Last edited by Chemeng; 10-03-2010, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chemeng View Post
          Watch out what you're doing! Some of these cheapo 99 buck BBQs cannot be altered. In any event, when going from natural gas to LP, orifices MUST be changed (they will be many drill sizes smaller). Propane has much MORE BTUs per given quantity than Natural gas. (methyl, ethyl, pump, the block----> methane, ethane, propane, butane from highschool chemistry class).
          Hook a natural gas BBQ up to PROPANE and watch the FLAMES shoot out!
          Thanks, I do all My own gas fitting. Will get Pdf and parts from Manuf. This is a great quality Unit. 2 Mill. home
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I was looking at a bunch of LP bbq at the store this weekend. All have the regulator integral with the bottle connector. You could not easily convert that.

Comment

What about the bras orifices? Did you see them? Were they removable?

Comment

Working...
              X