Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Faucet and bath fixture recommendations?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faucet and bath fixture recommendations?

I have one final kitchen sink faucet I plan on replacing but am having difficulty getting a cost effective quality (yes, I know you cannot get quality for cheap) fixture on eBay as they are usually hit or miss. I am very impressed with the high end American Standard fixtures with their washerless ceramic disk shutoff technology. I put one in over 8 years ago and yet have no leaks or drips attesting to their quality and design. Selections on eBay lately are either priced retail or not abundant hence this query. What do you recommend for a quality brand, ease of maintainence but more importantly longevity for support and parts? I have always honed in on American Standard and Kohler but the selections on eBay are either low end or out of my budget. I've got two high end bathroom sink faucets from American Standard with porcelin cross handles and solid brass castings which wife is in love with.

This sink faucet which will be my last to replace will see unbelieveable high useage hence the need for a quality fixture. I usually go up and down the HomeDepot faucet aisle and literally "man handle" the Moen, LDR (ugh!), Gerber (decent but not fashionable), etc faucets literally putting my whole body weight on the fixture and if it so much as gives I avoid the brand completely. While I also like the foreign made faucets parts availability gives me pause for concern

Re: Faucet and bath fixture recommendations?

i would look into "grohe" german made and good support. parts are no problem and a lifetime warranty. big selection. i don't recall any porcelain handles.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      i would look into "grohe" german made and good support. parts are no problem and a lifetime warranty. big selection. i don't recall any porcelain handles.

rick.
      I've installed Grohe with porcelain levers. Not sure about cross though.

J.C.

Comment

I also like grohe and hans-grohe.These are considered high end fixtures.

Comment

High traffic? Cross handles? Solid? Chicago faucets. However, no ceramic discs, and no lifetime warranty. Not cheap either.
          Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
            High traffic? Cross handles? Solid? Chicago faucets. However, no ceramic discs, and no lifetime warranty. Not cheap either.
            http://www.chicagofaucetshoppe.com/C...dges_s/145.htm
            chicago faucet does have ceramic cartrages I am not sure if they come new with faucet but reapair
            SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

I think Grohe parts are extremely hard to find. Nobody here in my area stocks any of it, and when we do need parts, it takes forever to come in, even through warranty issues.

I think Grohe makes a very nice product, but their installation guides that they send for some of their other stuff, leaves a lot to be desired.

I never push Grohe products on my customers, because I don't want the headaches associated with it when I need repair parts.

If it was for me personally..I would buy some of their products.
              Last edited by Flux; 10-07-2010, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X