X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.p.c. 1211.4 gas sleeved and vented

What is the accepted pipe to conduit seal material and methods please. Tanks Tool

DOG WOULDA HELPED ME !
    Last edited by toolaholic; 10-04-2010, 08:11 AM.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: U.p.c. 1211.4 gas sleeved and vented

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    What is the accepted pipe to conduit seal material and methods please. Tanks Tool

DOG WOULDA HELPED ME !
    My the Lord and Dog be having a good time.

Hey,don't use that tone with me mister.

For 3/4" pipe I used 2" abs.Have to use i/4 bends,Vent 90's i don't remember if they worked,Something tells me they won't let the 90 and riser all the way out.
    I don't know how/where your venting.In an exterior wall I used an inverted wye with the gas dropping through the run.Then bushed the branch down to 3/4"pvc and ran it up the wall to penetrate to the outside atmosphere under the eave.Sealing the steel in the abs in the wall and inside the island cabinet was just foam seal.

What are you running again?

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
      My the Lord and Dog be having a good time.

Hey,don't use that tone with me mister.

For 3/4" pipe I used 2" abs.Have to use i/4 bends,Vent 90's i don't remember if they worked,Something tells me they won't let the 90 and riser all the way out.
      I don't know how/where your venting.In an exterior wall I used an inverted wye with the gas dropping through the run.Then bushed the branch down to 3/4"pvc and ran it up the wall to penetrate to the outside atmosphere under the eave.Sealing the steel in the abs in the wall and inside the island cabinet was just foam seal.

What are you running again?
      Concrete slab,60s home. I don't think I'll get this one, but it's for a gas cook top. 3/4" reduced to 1/2 at top of riser. thanks,will check with inspector also. And, bless You Dog!
      Last edited by toolaholic; 10-11-2010, 06:18 AM.
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

csst inserted into hdpe/ yellow pipe. it's a win/ win combination

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          csst inserted into hdpe/ yellow pipe. it's a win/ win combination

rick.
          For a slab?
          I don't know about that.
          Using irons VS. a couple glue joints.
          And if one is planning on just using the PE pipe without fittings your going to be digging alot deeper to allow for the minimum radius bend.

Outside I can see it happenning.But then your already 18" deep,Why csst?

Comment

the csst will slide right inside the hdpe and it's all 1 pc. with no joints. they already sell csst with the black hdpe pre sleeved and vented for this purpose.

the csst and poly can be laid in the ditch in minutes, without cutting and threading and then sliding the plastic sleeve into place after testing.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
            X