X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FirePit?

Someone has asked me about a Firepit. Ever make one? Design one?

I'm pretty ignorant to it. Did you manifold some log lighters? Make a pattern or shape with BI and drill it?

Thanks.

J.C.

Re: FirePit?

You are better off buying a manufactured ring.

http://www.woodlanddirect.com/Outdoo...-Fire-Pit-Ring

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
      You are better off buying a manufactured ring.

http://www.woodlanddirect.com/Outdoo...-Fire-Pit-Ring

Mark
      Where's the fun in that?

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

I'd just put some rocks in a circle. Then place some paper and wood in.
        Then put a lighter to it.
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

We made our own Firepit/bbq out of catch basin blocks.
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
            I knew it would be something about cooking with you's guys.

J.C.

Comment

Just for Fun Toss in some unopened beer cans and see what happens first
              Will they melt or Pop

Comment

Running 1" line right now for a fire pit, barbecue, and gas log. I will build the pit out of masonry. Here's the link for the S.S. rings.

May use tempered glass in log set, and pit,Its a beautiful effect

http://www.northlineexpress.com 36" + 24" 75,000 btu $139 and $ 99.90
                Last edited by toolaholic; 10-06-2010, 11:05 PM.
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                  thats funny I just dug up a friends sewer and I have all these lovely blocks leftover in my back driveway and I was thinking how I could make a nice fire pit with them aftre I replaced his sewer from sidewalk to house and lead service from sidewalk to meter and added 6" C/O
                  Attached Files
                  SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
                    Will they melt or Pop
                    Even better is an unopened can of beans or soup.

Working in a fab shop many years ago we one of the welders decided to heat up a can of bean soup on top of the welding machine. He grounded out the machine to the metal fab table and set the heat on 50A, punched a small hole in the top of the can which he though would be enough to relieve any pressure, and was going to let it heat up for about 10 minutes. Didn't make it that far unfortunately. Somewhere about half way into the heating session the pressure went to overload and the can popped, spewing bean soup all around the shop. That welding machine smelled of Campbell's Bean Soup for the next 3 months I think.
                    ---------------
                    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                    ---------------
                    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                    ---------
                    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                    ---------
                    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Its funnier after you suck down a few

Comment

I recently built one and there is a long thread on here about the gas line part of the project to which many people but mainly Rick and Kevin (now gone sadly after all that argument about galv pipe ) helped out with info on how to do the gas line.

I wanted to design and build one that was different. I did not want an pre-made one (boring) and most designs I saw online were pretty boring - just a bunch of blocks or bricks laid in a circle.

I ended up making a poured concrete firepit using Sonotube forms to get a perfect circle. I then lined the outside with stone veneer (cobble type stone) harvested from my own backyard during excavation. I installed low voltage downlighting at the top and am just making a stone ring at the top out of some Costa Esmeralda quartizte (green stone with veining similar to marble but much harder).

The gas ring uses a fireplace type key.

I will post some pics of the project which may help youw with some ideas for something more unique than blocks in a circle.

Comment

Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
                          Will they melt or Pop

sacrelige
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X