X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta Shower Diverter Works 1st Time Then Fails

I have Delta shower fixtures. The on/off/hot/cold knob has the push button diverter below it. When the diverter was pushed in only a little water came out of the faucet and a drizzle out of the shower head. I replaced the diverter. With the water running from the faucet I pushed the diverter button and the water came out of the shower head as it should with no water from the faucet. Turned off the water, the button popped back into the 'unpushed' position. Tried it again, the second time it failed to work properly - same problem as before the replacement; little water from faucet and a drizzle from the shower head. I uninstalled the diverter and reinstalled it. The first time it worked perfect -- the second time it failed. Any suggestions for a fix will be appreciated.

Re: Delta Shower Diverter Works 1st Time Then Fails

Did all the parts come out when you pulled out the original diverter ?
    Pull out the diverter and Take a piece of hose that will fit over the diverter opening and turn the valve on to flush it out ...Some thing must be floating around in there

Comment

Delcase, Thanks for your reply. It appeared that the original diverter was completely intact (compared to the new diverter). Only the plastic end piece seemed to be slightly worn. I will try your suggestion, thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
        Did all the parts come out when you pulled out the original diverter ?
        Pull out the diverter and Take a piece of hose that will fit over the diverter opening and turn the valve on to flush it out ...Some thing must be floating around in there
        This must be one of the old Delta tub shower valves with the diverter below the handle and not on the spout? My experience has been that these are tempermental. There are a couple different versions of the diverter stem so make sure you have the right one. I had one that wasn't working and I thought I could replace the o-rings and get it to work... complete waste of time.
        Last edited by geno gardner; 10-15-2010, 07:33 PM.
        Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Working...
        X