X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 185' to the sewer main....

I have a simular problem at a high school I maintain the plumbing on. The gymasium bathrooms drain into a 50 year old 4" C.I. drain pipe 200 feet long. I would have backups after a sporting event about once or twice a year. That was before the remodel with 4.5 gallon flushometer toilets. Now with 1.6 gallon flushometer toilets line plugs up at least once a month. I have had the mainline camera-ed and it checked out okay. I hydro flushed it several times for good measure. I'm going to try 4.5 gallon diaphrams in the sloan valves and see if the newer 1.6 gal toilets will handle them without overflowing. A long wasteful flush, but what else can I do? The old toilets are long gone.

Comment

If the out building is not that far behind the main house .Why not tie into the house sewer?
      ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

min 3 feet deep leaving building 1/8 inch a foot 4inch min cleanouts every fifty feet and change of direction greater than a 45 and all will be good, doesnt matter wether its ten feet or a thousand poop doesnt know how to measure.

Comment

Working...
        X