X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bendable CPVC?

Anyone installed the bendable CPVC from Flowguard? Opinions?

Thanks.

J.C.

Re: Bendable CPVC?

It's new, it's fast. cheap and easy so therefore it must be a good and exciting product to use

I am always so thrilled to read about and see new products that make my job faster and easier. That way I can pass the fantastic savings on to my customers or at the very least I can be competitive with all the unlicensed guys that work out of their station wagons. Sure I make less money, but my customers love me and I'm always busy.
    sigpic

Comment

Can it be hung from floor joists.

J.C.

Comment

JC, I already hated cpvc, I think a product like this would put me over the top on it, please tell me its a joke
        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
          JC, I already hated cpvc, I think a product like this would put me over the top on it, please tell me its a joke
          It's REAL! Only reason I'm asking is a customer has aggressive water & might have some rolled out of a slab.

Been about 12 years since I've used any CPVC. The ratings are good & it's used all over parts of Florida.

But I still can't seem to like it.

http://www.lubrizol.com/BuildingSolu...blePiping.html

J.C.

Comment

yeah, I think something just melted in my brain.

seems like a silly question, but might it be better to treat the water than to install a product like that?
            No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
              yeah, I think something just melted in my brain.

seems like a silly question, but might it be better to treat the water than to install a product like that?
              Exploring that also. Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

haven't worked with cpvc and the only pvc i've used is limited to pools and lawn sprinklers. but i've seen bending springs that turn ordinary pvc into bendable pvc without a heater. pretty neat and i think sprinler installers and electricians would love it.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

So is it lined with aluminum I can't think of a reason I would use it unless it was on a production oriented trac project and the units were on slabs and there were a lot of runs .Cheaper than copper I am sure but garbage none the less. Just my .02
                  ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I used to work for a contractor installing flowguard CPVC in apartment bldgs. I've put in miles and miles of it. It holds, it grows and shrinks with temp so leave room for movement.

I have seen PVC and ABS pipe become brittle with age. Why should we expect CPVC to not do the same thing?

You can taste the plastic in the water too. Doesn't that mean we are ingesting these chemicals? Mm mm good.

Why not run Propress stainless. $$$$$$$$
                    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

How long has this been around J.C.?

Comment

Originally posted by Clipper City Plumber View Post
                        How long has this been around J.C.?
                        I think a couple of years.

J.C.