Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shower drain

Hi all,

I have a 2" ABS shower drain with the rubber gasket and the fiber one. My ABS drain has a solid nut ie. when the drain is cemented to the Ptrap assembly it is solid and can't turn. What I am wondering is if those 2 gaskets go on below and I put plumbers putty in the top can I tighten the top of the drain from above??

Re: Shower drain

Originally posted by theclibinggod View Post
    Hi all,

I have a 2" ABS shower drain with the rubber gasket and the fiber one. My ABS drain has a solid nut ie. when the drain is cemented to the Ptrap assembly it is solid and can't turn. What I am wondering is if those 2 gaskets go on below and I put plumbers putty in the top can I tighten the top of the drain from above??
    Slab? Subfloor got you tied up?

J.C.

Comment

Subfloor yup.

I have this type of drain:

http://www.bmicanada.com/products/bm...wer_drains.pdf

Comment

Possible? Yes. Gonna' be hard to get much pressure on it. Don't use putty. Use clear silicone.

Good luck.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
          Possible? Yes. Gonna' be hard to get much pressure on it. Don't use putty. Use clear silicone.

Good luck.

J.C.
          as jc just said I have fixed tons of these in condos were previous plumber used puddy I would rec. also to use clear silicone 100% pure not siliconized but pure silicone
          SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Working...
          X