Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drain check valve installed and water coming up through drains

Hi,
    I am opening up a woodworking shop in nyc, and i am installing a bathroom slop sink etc, i tied into the a drain in the floor. I installed a check valve on the sewer line before my tie ins. There is a 3" drain that runs down at a 45 degree angle and then goes underneath the floor where i broke up and installed the check valve then my tie ins for fixtures. There is a washing machine tied into the line a couple of floors above, and when it runs suds and some water comes out through my drains, i dont understand how this could happen. I also opened up the check valve no obstuctions and it is installed correctly and operates correctly. Also the tie ins are also pitched properly so im really at odds, if you have any advice its greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by nycplumber; 10-28-2010, 07:51 PM.

Re: Drain check valve installed and water coming up through drains

Originally posted by nycplumber View Post
    Hi,
    I am opening up a woodworking shop in nyc, and i am installing a bathroom slop sink etc, i tied into the a drain in the floor. I installed a check valve on the sewer line before my tie ins. There is a 3" drain that runs down at a 45 degree angle and then goes underneath the floor where i broke up and installed the check valve then my tie ins for fixtures. There is a washing machine tied into the line a couple of floors above, and when it runs suds and some water comes out through my drains, i dont understand how this could happen. I also opened up the check valve no obstuctions and it is installed correctly and operates correctly. Also the tie ins are also pitched properly so im really at odds, if you have any advice its greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    well pics would help if the wall are not closed up but it sounds like you do not have enough of room for the sudds zone for the upper floor and possablly a partialy clog in drain line PS welcome to ridgid fourom nycplumber
    SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Re: Drain check valve installed and water coming up through drains

Maybe you tied into the sewer too close to the base of the stack .Also there might be a stoppage further down stream . So snake the line and re assess..
      ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
      X