Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Majestic toilet flushandle difficult to press.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Majestic toilet flushandle difficult to press.

Neighbor's powderoom Majestic (No. 160 printed inside back of tank) toilet handle is difficult to push down and flush the toilet.
    Her elderly mother could not flush the toilet.

The handle is free and not binding.
    The toilet flushes fine.

The problem seems to be getting the center "plug tube", which closes the tank outlet, to rise.
    When pulled up off the outlet, it "floats" allowing the water to exit until it lowers and seals the tank outlet.

I drained the tank and cleaned the valve seat.
    Seemed clean, smooth and the tube free-moving.

I also cleaned the handle arm where it enters the lift loop of the plug tube in case that was causing resistance.

To decrease head, I also lowered the water level an inch below the fill line.

Still difficulto flush.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Robert
    Last edited by Robert Gift; 11-11-2010, 03:47 PM.
    I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
    It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
    "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

Re: Majestic toilet flushandle difficult to press.

Are you a plumber?
    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
      Are you a plumber?
      No. But I play one at home and for friends, neighbors and relatives.

I have absolutely no qualifications. I passed the City of Denver's homeowner's plumbing test so that I could tear out and redo all plumbing in my old little house. (I added a second story with 3/4 bath and a full bath with bidet.) (Ran a 3-inch long sweep "L" out an exterior wall so that I could roto-root the line with the rooter OUTSIDE the house. No more pulling a toilet or going up on the roof. Placed an exterior electrical outlet nearby for the rooter.)

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Gift View Post
        No. But I play one at home and for friends, neighbors and relatives.

I have absolutely no qualifications. I passed the City of Denver's homeowner's plumbing test so that I could tear out and redo all plumbing in my old little house. (I added a second story with 3/4 bath and a full bath with bidet.) (Ran a 3-inch long sweep "L" out an exterior wall so that I could roto-root the line with the rooter OUTSIDE the house. No more pulling a toilet or going up on the roof. Placed an exterior electrical outlet nearby for the rooter.)
        Respectfully, if you're not licensed to be plumbing in other peoples homes then perhaps you ought not do so. You have no liability protection if something goes wrong.
        Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
          Respectfully, if you're not licensed to be plumbing in other peoples homes then perhaps you ought not do so. You have no liability protection if something goes wrong.
          I donate my work.
          What I do is after the stop, so no license required.
          I have them assist, or rather, I assist them, so should they want to sue me, it is their fault.
          Nothing that could not be correctly handled.

But you are correct when I have rented and roto-rooted friend's sewer lines.
          I was careful not to snap off a cable in someone's line - always a concern.
          Last edited by Robert Gift; 11-16-2010, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Let's cut the poor guy a break!

I don't remember the model name majestic, but 160 is a Mansfield tank number, and he describes probably the mansfield flush tower.

They get hard to flush when the rubber gets old. Unscrew the little cap right in the middle of the flush tower, lift out the tower, and take it to the hardware store. most likely it uses a 210/211 red rubber seal.

TURN OFF THE WATER before above steps!

Comment

Thank you, LovetheUSA

Originally posted by lovetheUSA View Post
              ...I don't remember the model name majestic, but 160 is a Mansfield tank number, and he describes probably the mansfield flush tower.

They get hard to flush when the rubber gets old. Unscrew the little cap right in the middle of the flush tower, lift out the tower, and take it to the hardware store. most likely it uses a 210/211 red rubber seal. ...
              YOU ARE CORRECT!
              I removed the deteriorated rubber flat O-ring seal and replaced it.
              Also, I used white vinegar to dissolve mineral buildup in the floatube.
              The toilet is MUCH easier to flush!

Thank you!

PlumBob

PS: Did their use of an in-tank bowl cleaner cause the deterioration of the parts?
              Barely touching the black rubber tank bottom seal causes very black material to release into the water.

Comment

Working...
              X