X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toilet won't hold water

I mostly sell Toto's on higher end homes, they're nice but don't have anything special to justify the price difference between them and a champion, Other than the price. It becomes it's own selling point "see how expensive this toilet is compared to that other Cheep one?"

for whatever reason they won't pass it up.
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

No recourse because we bought it "as is".
      Take that broken toilet and toss it through the window of the bums' house who installed it.

Or better yet, get his plumbing license number and report him to your state. That is IF he even has a plumbers license given that he used what most here consider to be junk (Glacier Bay).

Maybe you can look them up here;
      http://sdatcert3.resiusa.org/UCC-Cha...rSearch_f.aspx

http://dllr.maryland.gov/license/pl/pllic.shtml
      Last edited by Bob D.; 11-14-2010, 07:46 AM.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Would love to but I have no idea who did the work. All of the work was done before we even looked at the house, except for a new water heater and a new HVAC system. The selling agent refuses to give us any info on who did the work or warranties.

Comment

Should have taken that Glacier Bay POS to the home center from whence it came ...

Comment

Why? And do what with it? Once it's installed, it can't be returned (so they say) . It looks as tho whoever installed it mishandled it, broke it and tried to cover it up, knowing full well it wouldn't hold water.

Comment

Originally posted by museum_guy View Post
              You won't believe what the problem was. After crawling under the house for my own peace of mind, I went to remove the bowl and it was caulked to the floor. Yep, caulked to the floor. Once I cut the caulk loose and rocked it to break the joint, water came pouring out. Once the deluge was cleaned up, I turned it upside down and lo and behold, what do I see? A large metal duct tape cross. I peel that back and off pops a large chunk of the toilet. Whoever installed it, broke it and tried to hold it in place with caulk. There was too much water coming out of the crack and the caulk never dried. I went to the local lumber yard and bought a Crane brand toilet. All is well now, no leaks, no dropping water levels. I really had some dishonest tradesmen working on the place. No recourse because we bought it "as is". Thanks for all of the help.
              Amazing. Some people have no conscience.

It's a good thing you pulled the toilet. With the water sitting under the toilet eventually your framing would rot, your floor would sag. Then you would be repairing a much BIGGER problem. Good job sir!
              Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Working...
              X