case 50 ballcock. wall hung toilet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: case 50 ballcock. wall hung toilet

so who still makes a tank type wall hung toilet?

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

did a quick search, this shows crane and american standard.

http://www.faucetdirect.com/crane-32...&aid=621738802

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jim View Post
        try cutting into the wall
        and see if that carrier has another pair of holes for a four bolt pattern.
        If so, then a couple pieces of all-thread will take care of the problem.
        I've never seen an exclusively 2 bolt carrier.
        No go. The carrier for the Case 3000 is a two bolt.

Comment

Koher, crane, american standard still make wall hung tank type toilet.

You can get american standard wall hung tank type toilet
          with the Sloan Flushmate System.

Comment

I've replaced a few wall hung toilets, but never had the opportunity to install a carrier, so maybe this is a stupid question.

When the toilet does finally need to be replaced, would it be possible to open the wall and drill and tap the carrier to accept more bolts?

Comment

I've replaced a few wall hung toilets, but never had the opportunity to install a carrier, so maybe this is a stupid question.

When the toilet does finally need to be replaced, would it be possible to open the wall and drill and tap the carrier to accept more bolts?[/QUOTE]

No Most of your carriers are three bolt or four bolt. With Rick running into
              a real oddball. The face plate is cast iron. It would be easer to change
              the face plate.

IT not a stupid question. If you've never done it you've never done it that why we are hear.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                so who still makes a tank type wall hung toilet?

rick.
                I've installed several AM Stan wall hung tank type toilets this last year. They have pressurized tanks, so they're really REALLY QUIET when they flush.

Want an out of the box solution?

Get a Kohler Stratton wall hung toilet. It's a 3 bolt pattern The two top bolts have 9" centers and are at the same height as the outlet. If those centers by chance match the case (I suspect they're close) then you're good to go. You simply don't bolt the bottom hole. Gravity takes care of that.

Now for the tank. Since your customer probably doesn't want a flushometer toilet, and even if they did, you probably don't want to open a wall with lead paint on it... You simply set the toilet up to accept a high tank. It's retro. It saves the wall. Best of all you can pull out the bender and really show off on the water supply tube.

If this idea works by some miracle, my favorite pizza is a Margarita Pizza from Punch located in St. Paul.

http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/pdf/105098_4.pdf
                Last edited by geno gardner; 11-22-2010, 10:56 PM.
                Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

i've installed and worked on some old school wall hung, pull chain tanks that were close to the ceiling. when those flush, stand back.

problem is it's still a 2 bolt and the douglas flush valve is a 2'' spud, while the wall mount toilets are 4 bolt and 1.5'' spuds.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

i've installed and worked on some old school wall hung, pull chain tanks that were close to the ceiling. when those flush, stand back. ... rick.
                    Wow!
                    I'd love to find one and install it in the garage with hot and cold swivel spigot above the bowl next to the stand pipe.
                    Almost like a clinical service sink -which are a fortune.
                    Last edited by Robert Gift; 11-23-2010, 08:13 AM.
                    I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
                    It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
                    "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

Comment

i've installed and worked on some old school wall hung, pull chain tanks that were close to the ceiling. when those flush, stand back.

problem is it's still a 2 bolt and the douglas flush valve is a 2'' spud, while the wall mount toilets are 4 bolt and 1.5'' spuds.

rick.
                      Rick, the Kohler bowl I referenced is a 3 bolt pattern. (We know how you feel about Kohler ) I'm betting the bottom bolt can be ignored. The question is whether the Case bolts are 9" c-c across the outlet.

As for the spud being 1-1/2, I haven't looked but there must be a toilet high tank out there that you could work with. It's been probably twenty years since I installed a high tank, but I'm certain the line to the bowl wasn't two inch.

Actually, I doubt your owner's going to want a high tank in any event. If the bolts can't be relocated as the one poster on the other thread suggested I think the writing is on the wall.
                      Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
                        No go. The carrier for the Case 3000 is a two bolt.
                        But how do you know which carrier is actually in the wall?
                        We've replaced 2-bolt Case WC's with 4-bolt Kohler PA's
                        and the carrier had another pair of threaded holes above the
                        existing studs. It would be worth it to open the wall and take
                        a look, IMO, if you had to replace the WC.

Comment

I just ran into this exact toilet today, and wouldn't you know, there is a hairline crack on the bottom of the trap....ever figure out a replacement?

Comment

I have a customer with 2 Case 3000 toilets installed in a 1960 remodel. I'm having my supply house bring in the Number 50 ballcock for 1 of them. The other is still working well (knock wood) for the time being.

regards

~Marc

Comment

Marc, and I thought you were going to tell me they were gutting it.

had a milkshake with your name on it.

Welcome to the forum.

Rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Case ball cocks at Hodes, I have always ordered them from Hodes and never had an issue. http://www.hodesco.com/products/TOIL...FILLVALVE.aspx
                                Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                                A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                                Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                                Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Working...
                                X