case 50 ballcock. wall hung toilet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• case 50 ballcock. wall hung toilet

my customer has 4 vintage case wall hung toilets with case 50 ballcocks. as far as i know, there is no toilet that will fit the case carrier. it's a 2 bolt design and not sure if there is even a tank type wall mount still out there.

1 of the ballcocks developed a large leak from the 3/8'' brass shank riser inside the china dry well. fortunately the dry well overflowed into the tank and went down the overflow.

rookie tracked me down a new ballcock assy on the internet. so i think that will work out for the customer. but what happens when the toilet actually breaks. are there any toilets still out there that will bolt onto the wall carrier?

rick.

the shank has a leak between the screwdriver stop and the inlet on the bottom of the tank. not going to attemt to repair until i have the parts.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 11-20-2010, 10:51 AM.
    phoebe it is

Re: case 50 ballcock. wall hung toilet

Not quite sure about the carrier? Just curious how much you paid for the ballcock? I know that around here they are running 2-300.

Comment

rookie plumber found 1 for 215 that he emailed with the link.

glad they still have them. it's the toilet that worries me.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

How about something floor mounted with a back outlet? Could be an option if you can find one with the right outlet height.
        Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Originally posted by idlplumb View Post
          How about something floor mounted with a back outlet? Could be an option if you can find one with the right outlet height.
          Nice concept.
          I doubt the elevation will match.
          You ever hook up a wall mount?

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
            Nice concept.
            Did you get that rear outlet Duravit in?

J.C.

Comment

well maybe sitting the toilet on a milk crate, it will line up

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                Nice concept.
                Nope, no experience with wall mounts yet. That's why I said "could be an option".

Cut me some slack, I'm young and have a lot to learn.
                Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  my customer has 4 vintage case wall hung toilets with case 50 ballcocks. as far as i know, there is no toilet that will fit the case carrier. it's a 2 bolt design and not sure if there is even a tank type wall mount still out there.

. but what happens when the toilet actually breaks. are there any toilets still out there that will bolt onto the wall carrier?

rick.
                  I had never heard of a two bolt carrier untill this moment. Let's assume worst Case (no pun intended ) and you can't get a replacement toilet with two bolts. And if changing the carrier in the wall is out of the question

If you can get a toilet with essentially the same outlet dimension above the finished floor perhaps you can alter the holes by drilling new ones?

Or maybe you'll get lucky and locate a three bolt toilet and just not use the bottom bolt? If the C-C on the two bolts don't line up either use a die grinder or diamond hole saw to make the modificorrection. I just looked at Kohler quickly and didn't see any three hole wall hung toilets with tanks. They did have a flushometer type that might possibly fit. K-4450-C. We know how you love Kohler. (I didn't see any three holers on AmStan.com)
                  Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

based on the fact that the toilet has to support the toilet, tank with water and passenger the china has to be very substantial.

the case 2 bolt is a thicker china than the traditional 4 bolt toilet.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

• ArizonaPlumber
                      ArizonaPlumber commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'll try and check the dates next time.
                      Last edited by ArizonaPlumber; 07-14-2014, 08:54 PM. Reason: Really old post. Never mind

Good lord Rick, I swear you invent these things just to show off.

I've never even seen a wall hung tank toilet. I thought I was a ninja just because I've seen a tank hid in the wall. But, clearly, your kung fu is stronger than mine.

It's nice to see you ask, but I'm sure you've got as much as anyone when it comes to silly stuff like this.

floor mount as suggested above and shim to height, or run a supply and put in a commercial with flushometer, core drill for a floor discharge, or what have you; you are on site and we are not.
                    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I thought I found you a source. Out of biz.

http://www.terrylove.com/wwwboard/messages/12046.html

However, and this I did not know either, if what this fellow posts is true it may be possible for you to modify the location of your carrier bolts to fit a different toilet. Good luck.

http://www.terrylove.com/wwwboard/messages/23802.html
                      Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                        Good lord Rick, I swear you invent these things just to show off.

I've never even seen a wall hung tank toilet. I thought I was a ninja just because I've seen a tank hid in the wall. But, clearly, your kung fu is stronger than mine.

It's nice to see you ask, but I'm sure you've got as much as anyone when it comes to silly stuff like this.

floor mount as suggested above and shim to height, or run a supply and put in a commercial with flushometer, core drill for a floor discharge, or what have you; you are on site and we are not.
                        I have seen plenty of wall hung toilets but never a 2 hole wall hung thats new 2 me
                        SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                          Did you get that rear outlet Duravit in?

J.C.
                          I'm so glad you asked
                          I didn't do it.
                          We were going a strong 3-5 phone calls for research/explanation till I made calls for the conformation of the next day start...Then Nothing.

I'm chalking this one up as
                          "Educate the homeowner so he can have the illegal cockroach boot it in"
                          This one is a perfect example of Slimtims necessity for research charge.

Shame,I would have been able to document how inefficient a rear discharge vs. cutting the concrete would have compared.
                          Thanks for reminding me.

Your friend still
                          Adam

Comment

If you ever had to change that wall hung WC, try cutting into the wall
                            and see if that carrier has another pair of holes for a four bolt pattern.
                            If so, then a couple pieces of all-thread will take care of the problem.
                            Then you can install a four bolt WC. I know everything is different out
                            there in la-la land, but I've never seen an exclusively 2 bolt carrier.

Comment

Working...
                            X