X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Apprentice Bible

Wanted to start a thread entitled "The apprentice bible." If such a bible existed what would you enter into it, what could you pass on down to the next generation, such as (advice, rules, expections, experinces). I want everyone in on this, add something to the bible so all apprentices can read & learn from the best.

Re: The Apprentice Bible

Originally posted by BigD3129 View Post
    Wanted to start a thread entitled "The apprentice bible." If such a bible existed what would you enter into it, what could you pass on down to the next generation, such as (advice, rules, expections, experinces). I want everyone in on this, add something to the bible so all apprentices can read & learn from the best.
    There are a few out already. Chicago Local 130 issues one to every plumber.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

1. Never stand there with your hands in your pocket always be doing something and look busy

Tony

Comment

I'm with AFM, always be doing something even if it is wrong. If you are doing something wrong you will be corrected and learn something. If you are doing nothing you will be ejected and learn nothing.

Comment

Quality is never an accident. Always be on the look out for you're next step.(Stay Busy) don't rush speed will come with experience. When your Master (license holder) is talking Make sure your all ears weather or not it pertains to what your doing you will always learn from them speaking.Always carry your Pumps,4-1 screwdriver and a rag with you, Sleep with them if you have to but get used to it.

now I am looking back on my 4 years wondering why I did the complete opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
            1. Never stand there with your hands in your pocket always be doing something and look busy

Tony
            A moving target is harder to hit

Comment

Always think about the next plumber that may have to work on your install.It may be you
              ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Leave Your head phones at HOME !
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Turn that dam cell phone off or on vib. and dont touch it till your on brake
                  SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

and alway always be on time to work as my old jurnyman said only one reason he would alow you to be late and still work with the oppasit sex if you no what I mean
                    SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Ask questions and pay attention to the answers.
                      Steve in the trade since 73 doing new residential/Commercial work

Comment

1.Always I mean always walk around with a torpedo level in your back pocket.

2.Always remember that your tools are your j mans tools.

3.And most importantly always have a fresh cup off hot coffee in the morning for your j man before work starts.

Comment

Don't do anything you wouldn't be willing to sign your name to.

I had a JM make me do that on one 20 story hotel job. Every toilet I set and lav I installed I had to sign my name and the date with pencil on a spot on the china where it would not show. But when someone came behind me and had to replace it they would know who did the work and if I did a bad job they would know. Conversly if I did a good job they would know, might not be until 50 years later but they would know.

When you have to leave your fingerprints on your work you'll think twice when you say "good enough" or "can't see it from my house".
                          ---------------
                          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                          ---------------
                          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                          ---------
                          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                          ---------
                          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
                          X