X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (hopefully) a simple issue with faucet pressure

hey Guys, hoping this is an easy solution. 1 of my faucets on a 2 faucet sink counter. (seperate valves from each other) is having issues with the water pressure. its a single main handle (knob) style. I think delta. (?) sometimes the pressure is fine and sometimes when I turn it on its like half pressure. then I can turn it off and re turn on and its alright again. the hot/cold lines under the sink are both open as normal. the only thing I can think of is the faucet itself is now bogus. its pretty old. am I correct on this? any help greatly appreciated. thanks, Glenn

Re: (hopefully) a simple issue with faucet pressure

Is the pressure sporadic on both the hot and the cold ?
    If so some trash may be moving around in the faucet
    If its just on one side.. hot or cold
    I would look into the stop or the supply line

Comment

yes, it does it on both hot and cold. how do I check for trash? take out the screen and let it flow? Glenn

Comment

Start with that and see if it will flush out
        If it dont open the faucet up and look around in side the valve body put new seats in while you have it open

Comment

Originally posted by all work & no play Glenn View Post
          hey Guys, hoping this is an easy solution. 1 of my faucets on a 2 faucet sink counter. (seperate valves from each other) is having issues with the water pressure. its a single main handle (knob) style. I think delta. (?) sometimes the pressure is fine and sometimes when I turn it on its like half pressure. then I can turn it off and re turn on and its alright again. the hot/cold lines under the sink are both open as normal. the only thing I can think of is the faucet itself is now bogus. its pretty old. am I correct on this? any help greatly appreciated. thanks, Glenn
          glen, i'm a little confused on the faucet you're describing. is it a single handle faucet? a delta single handle will have a ball with 2 springs and cup seals. post a photo.

now if this is a delta kitchen sink faucet, your problem is a sticky diverter. once again a photo or better description would help.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

He must not of turned the water off first and hes moping or still looking for the cut off

1 more thought .. it might have a self cleaning aerator with the button on the face that is spazzing out
            What does it do when you run it with out the aerator ?

Comment

thanks for the replys Guys. Ive been working late here the last few days so I didnt even check out this forum. the faucet is in a bathroom. I cant remember what the brand is. but to be honest I was hoping to just replace the faucet with another run of the mill bathroom faucet of the same style. so really Im hoping that the issue is just the faucet and not anything as far as pipes or pressure going in. do you feel this issue is almost for certain the faucet itself and not pipes? as said the other faucet next to it works fine as well as the others thru out the house. Glenn

Comment

Working...
              X