Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hard Worker Looking For An Opportunity!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hard Worker Looking For An Opportunity!!!

Originally posted by AFM View Post
    You must have a basic wage (salary) in the US don`t you that an employer has to pay their employees ???

Tony

Minimum wage is still I think at $6.75 per hour ( in California, it is $7.25.). We would be happy to provide that princely sum to you.

Comment

Originally posted by lovetheUSA View Post
      Minimum wage is still I think at $6.75 per hour ( in California, it is $7.25.). We would be happy to provide that princely sum to you.
      The basic or minimum wage here is $569.90 for a 38 hour week or $15.00 per hour.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by afm View Post
        and at what age did you start your apprenticeship

tony
        " i never left it ! "
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Re: Looking For My Big Break!!!

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
          It's hard to believe that at 28 people think someone is too old to pick up a new trade. If you happen to move to Minnesota give me a call. I would be willing to give you a try. First we would have you work 200 hours free to see if you really like plumbing.

Baaaaad joke. I can't believe someone would have someone else work five weeks for nothing. That seems incredibly mercenary.

Just to be fair, if you do happen to move to Minnesota (also known as the Frozen Hinterland) AND you like plumbing, then I might require a **psych evaluation prior to hiring you because something is clearly wrong. I was born here, that's my excuse.

Geordie no matter what you should do your best to meet your aspirations. Persistance and a positive attitude will go a long way toward your success. As far as I know we get one shot at life so you should do what you can to make your life happy. If plumbing will help that dream then refer to ** above.
          It's an ENGLISH, AUSSIE THING,WORKING FOR NOTHING !
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

The basic or minimum wage here is $569.90 for a 38 hour week or $15.00 per hour.

Tony
            need a helper tony

have k-60 will travel

throw in a shake on fridays and i'm there

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              need a helper tony

have k-60 will travel

throw in a shake on fridays and i'm there

rick.
              I'm beginning to think you have a big suitcase packed and ready to go next to your front door at all times...
              Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Tony
                Wow, that is roughly double our minimum wage.
                "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Tony
                  Is that for anyone? The impression I got from the thread was that because the OP is 28 it would be higher than someone younger.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                    Is that for anyone? The impression I got from the thread was that because the OP is 28 it would be higher than someone younger.
                    Whether your young or old the minimum you have to be payed by law is $569.90 for a 38 hour week now this does not apply for apprentices as a first year get around $313.00, a second year gets around $412.00, a third year around $545.00 and a forth year around $645.00 plus sick leave annual leave supperannuation long service leave etc etc etc etc and this is why an employer is going to think long and hard whether to take on a four year commitment of an apprentice and at 28 years old it could be a mine field as our unions over here are from the old school and will strike at the drop of a hat and take any unsuspecting employer to the cleaners.

Tony

Comment

kind of like the time i was stranded in melbourne 1990 when they welded the rail cars to the tracks

nothing like trying to go from flinders park to bright to go parapenting with no train

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

afm. i'm missing something here. what is the difference between an 28 year old and an 18 year old? why is 28 years old a threat to society. at first i though you had to pay them more than an 18 year old. but if understand you that is not true. how would the unions sneak up on you. ps, i'm non union. breid.....................

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                          kind of like the time i was stranded in melbourne 1990 when they welded the rail cars to the tracks

nothing like trying to go from flinders park to bright to go parapenting with no train

rick.
                          I am beginning to think Rick that your are not happy with you present citizenship as you are always thinking its better on the other side of the hill and quite frankly Rick it is and quess what we have moving trams in 2010

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
                            afm. i'm missing something here. what is the difference between an 28 year old and an 18 year old? why is 28 years old a threat to society. at first i though you had to pay them more than an 18 year old. but if understand you that is not true. how would the unions sneak up on you. ps, i'm non union. breid.....................
                            I will try to explain for the last time if I was going to hire an apprentice I would hire an 18 year old not a 28 year old, as far as unions go if you work in the commercial or industrial area then you have to deal with them and pay the penalty

Tony

Comment

I've had 20 yr. old app. and 30 yr. old app,I'll take the 30 year old any day,seems the head is screwed on better and tighter.The 30 year old doesn't live with mommy,has bills,maybe a wife and kids,shows up 5 days a week with a clear head ready to work and in my experience a better all around worker that can make my life easier.
                              Steve in the trade since 73 doing new residential/Commercial work

Comment

Originally posted by leakfree View Post
                                I've had 20 yr. old app. and 30 yr. old app,I'll take the 30 year old any day,seems the head is screwed on better and tighter.The 30 year old doesn't live with mommy,has bills,maybe a wife and kids,shows up 5 days a week with a clear head ready to work and in my experience a better all around worker that can make my life easier.

SAME HERE ON THE SERVICE SIDE !

ONE PLACE I WORKED I WAS ONE OF THE FEW WHO GOT PAID ON FRIDAY
                                NIGHT THE SINGLE GUYS ALL GOT THEIR PAY ON SAT, BECAUSE AS THE BOSS SAID I HAD A FAMILY TO FEED !
                                THE OTHER YOUNG GUYS WANTED THEIR PAYCHECKS TO PARTY AND COULD
                                OTHERWISE NOT SHOW UP FOR WORK ON SAT'S IF THEY GOT PAID FRI'S
                                JERRYMAC
                                E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                                CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                                FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                                SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Working...
                                X