X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sewer smell

Peppermint test. Easier and cheaper than smoke. Put the oil in the vent and use your nose.

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
      Peppermint test. Easier and cheaper than smoke. Put the oil in the vent and use your nose.
      With a peppermint test, one guy puts the oil in the vent and another guy does the sniffing. The first guy's nose has been compromised by his exposure to the oil, or so I'm told.

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
        Great idea

Having a hard time finding that oil around here you think Eucalyptus oil will work ?

Thx for all the feedback much appreciated!

Comment

I dont know always used peppermint. You have nothing to loose though. Try a health food store or a pharmacy.

Comment

I dont know I have never tried it. I usually get my peppermint oil from the pharmacy.

Comment

Anyone know how far a vent stack has to be away from a rooftop unit?

Comment

Where the hell are ya!?

Comment

I`m going to try and raise the stack 5 feet above the flat roof.

Any suggestions on how to support it?was going to use a riser clamp but i don't think that will be enough.

Thoughts?

Comment

Sorry ,but if You have to ask that basic a Question ,You have No Business doing the work !
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by gobby View Post
                      I`m going to try and raise the stack 5 feet above the flat roof.

Any suggestions on how to support it?was going to use a riser clamp but i don't think that will be enough.

Thoughts?
                      Check your Code regarding flagpoling.

Mark
                      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                        Sorry ,but if You have to ask that basic a Question ,You have No Business doing the work !

Toolaholic one of your posts says your a welder?

You think you could come help me out and you could weld another lengh of pipe on it for me?

Comment

Working...
                        X