Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sewer smell

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Sewer smell

    Peppermint test. Easier and cheaper than smoke. Put the oil in the vent and use your nose.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Sewer smell

      Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
      Peppermint test. Easier and cheaper than smoke. Put the oil in the vent and use your nose.
      With a peppermint test, one guy puts the oil in the vent and another guy does the sniffing. The first guy's nose has been compromised by his exposure to the oil, or so I'm told.

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Sewer smell

        Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
        Peppermint test. Easier and cheaper than smoke. Put the oil in the vent and use your nose.
        Great idea

        Having a hard time finding that oil around here you think Eucalyptus oil will work ?

        Thx for all the feedback much appreciated!

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Sewer smell

          I dont know always used peppermint. You have nothing to loose though. Try a health food store or a pharmacy.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Sewer smell

            I dont know I have never tried it. I usually get my peppermint oil from the pharmacy.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Sewer smell

              Anyone know how far a vent stack has to be away from a rooftop unit?

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Sewer smell

                Where the hell are ya!?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Sewer smell

                  I`m going to try and raise the stack 5 feet above the flat roof.

                  Any suggestions on how to support it?was going to use a riser clamp but i don't think that will be enough.

                  Thoughts?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Sewer smell

                    Sorry ,but if You have to ask that basic a Question ,You have No Business doing the work !
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Sewer smell

                      Originally posted by gobby View Post
                      I`m going to try and raise the stack 5 feet above the flat roof.

                      Any suggestions on how to support it?was going to use a riser clamp but i don't think that will be enough.

                      Thoughts?
                      Check your Code regarding flagpoling.

                      Mark
                      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                      I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Sewer smell

                        Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                        Sorry ,but if You have to ask that basic a Question ,You have No Business doing the work !

                        Toolaholic one of your posts says your a welder?

                        You think you could come help me out and you could weld another lengh of pipe on it for me?

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X