Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New faucet, can't get water flowing

Hi everyone:

I'm finally finishing a powder room that's been in-process for 8 years.

I'm struggling with the sink, because I can't get water to flow from the inlet through the lav faucet. At one point it all worked (although the pressure was poor), but one of the faucet valves was leaking, so I had to take everything apart to replace both valves. Once reinstalled, I get ZERO water coming through either side.

I thought the problem might be the faucet connectors (I called the manufacturer--AquaSource told me to unhook them and then reconnect--that I probably overtightened and that the insides get "all twisted up"...?) Unhook, reconnect--nothing. Hand tightening and 1/4 turn with the wrench.

Bought new connectors (made the mistake of buying FloodSafe) and carefully installed with the goal of not overtightening. Same problem. Unhook, reconnect--and now they're leaking from the FloodSafe device itself.

One thought: I'm using a 12" connector. The distance from the faucet to the inlet is closer to 9", so I'm having to curve the connectors a bit to get them to fit. Is this a contributing factor?

Thanks,
    Omni

Re: New faucet, can't get water flowing

Take the aerater out of the spout and try it again.

Comment

Do you get water out of the supply line if you squirt it in a bucket ?

Comment

Both suggestions are correct. It is probably the aerator and like suggested disconnect supply and have a bucket ready and try that. Nine times out of ten it's the aerator.
        The Plumber/Firefighter

Comment

Flood Safe supplies are nothing but problems. They are making them for fluid masters as well and they are problems to.
          The Plumber/Firefighter

Comment

Test
            The Plumber/Firefighter

Comment

Working...
            X