Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max depth for SCH30 PVC

Anyone know what the max depth rating is for SCH30 PVC,
    or where I can find that info?
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Re: Max depth for SCH30 PVC

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
    Click on this link and then download the PDF "Plastics Technical Manual" by Charlotte Pipe co.

http://www.charlottepipe.com/Default...AllTechInstall

Comment

Am I just going crazzy as I have never herd of sch. 30PVC or am I just had to ask
      SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Originally posted by post plumber View Post
        am i just going crazzy As i have never herd of sch. 30pvc or am i just Had to ask
        dwv
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Could be that he is thinking of SDR-35 ASTM D-3034 sewer pipe. I have had contractors refer to that as Sch30 before.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Am I just going crazzy as I have never herd of sch. 30PVC or am I just had to ask
            Man, it had me going for a minute there too. Thought I was missing something all these years.
            Frequently asked questions about pumps and tanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
              dwv
              Unless things have changed over the years DWV PVC and Sch 40 PVC are the same exact pipe just labeled differently. The fittings however are different.
              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Nope not SDR35.

It is SCH30 Pvc. It's thin walled and junk IMO. It has no business being underground and definitely not 8' deep and being used as a perm. drain.

Entire system is failing around three condo units.
                INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                  Unless things have changed over the years DWV PVC and Sch 40 PVC are the same exact pipe just labeled differently. The fittings however are different.

They call it "Thin Wall" PVC-DWV pipe & fittings.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                    Click on this link and then download the PDF "Plastics Technical Manual" by Charlotte Pipe co.

http://www.charlottepipe.com/Default...AllTechInstall

This is the first one I checked. Unless I'm missing it, I don't see a depth rating for SCH30

Comment

This is the first one I checked. Unless I'm missing it, I don't see a depth rating for SCH30
                      If there is a max it may be listed in the Standard. Some local amendments prohibit it's use so check locally.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                        If there is a max it may be listed in the Standard. Some local amendments prohibit it's use so check locally.

Mark

Local amendments????

You know I'm in Maine right?

Comment

Nope not SDR35.

It is SCH30 Pvc. It's thin walled and junk IMO. It has no business being underground and definitely not 8' deep and being used as a perm. drain.

Entire system is failing around three condo units.
                          I work at a place that has a mix of SRD35 and SCH30 and lets just say I always have work out there when it gets slow. To me, nither one should be in the gound at any depth. I have a picture I`ll post when I get to the shop this morning of the SCH30 at around 6`deep.
                          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

I've layed miles of SDR35 and never failed a deflection test. It's really not bad pipe as long as it's properly bedded and compacted.

Only time I have put SCH30 in the ground is in leach fields 14" deep and I still think thats too deep.

Comment

I've layed miles of SDR35 and never failed a deflection test. It's really not bad pipe as long as it's properly bedded and compacted.
                              Gene, I'm with all clear on this one. I've seen too much of that sdr35 pvc egged out and distorted in ways I'd never have though possible. May well be a case of crap installation w/o bedding and compaction, but I just don't see sch40 that needs dug up anywhere near as often as I see sdr35 that needs dug up.

I never even knew sch 30 existed until this thread. If you think sdr35 is ok, and sch 30 is junk, I sure know where I stand on sch 30.
                              Last edited by Ace Sewer; 12-16-2010, 11:02 PM.
                              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X